As per the latest trends, opening figures for "2.0" in AP and Telangana is bigger than the number in Tamil Nadu on day one. Nonetheless, what has to be seen is how the film holds today.
The Hindi version of the film took a "super start" on the opening day, trade analyst Taran Adarsh reported.
Rajinikanth, who enjoys a massive fan-base across south, has time and again created magic with most of his movies being dubbed into nearly all south Indian languages. The movie was released worldwide on November 29 and it has already come out tops not only in India, but overseas as well. Gold had collected more than Rs 25 crore on its opening day. Also, Rajnikant is the only actor to have two movies in the top five biggest openers list.
Box Office Report: Close to 100 cr in worldwide gross
"People are coming to theatres not just banking on the success of Enthiran but also in anticipation of the magical combination of Rajinikanth and Shankar".
The Rajinikanth and Akshay Kumar starrer would be aiming at a Rs. 100 crore extended weekend and if that happens, it would be a very good sign. The film's music is composed by A R Rahman.2.0's release dates were rescheduled multiple times. Touted to be among Asia's costliest ventures, the film has been simultaneously released in Hindi and Telugu. The makers of the 3D film have reportedly spent a whopping 75 million dollars on the VFX which amounts to Rs 543 crores approximately.
Theresa May hit by new Brexit resignation
Dr Fox said he refuses to criticise his neighbouring MPs across the South West who aren't backing the deal. I've got a deal which delivers for the British people.
- Twitter reacts to Rams-Chiefs insane MNF game
- India’s Q2 GDP growth falls to 7.1%, still fastest in the world
- Deontay Wilder And Tyson Fury Nearly Became Physical During Intense Staredown
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas land in Jodhpur ahead of wedding day
- Instagram's "Close Friends" feature lets you be the real you
- Duke Basketball: Halftime between the Blue Devils and Hoosiers
- Bill supporting troop withdrawal from Yemen passes Senate vote
- Canada sanctions Saudis linked to Khashoggi killing
- White Dallas police officer charged with murder in death of black neighbor
- Powell defends Fed charge hikes amid Trump onslaught