And now that Woods finally has that elusive fifteenth major tournament win under his belt, the only question that remains is not if, but *when* will he win his sixteenth.
"I'm not going to play as much as I did past year", he said.
William Hill wasn't the only book to take a hit on the day.
The bettor placed the wager Tuesday at 14-1 odds. "It's a painful day for William Hill - our biggest golf loss ever - but a great day for golf".
"I thought it was probably an $85 or $8,500 bet", he explained.
Microsoft Tipped To Take On AirPods With Surface Buds
It's not year clear how Microsoft intends to differentiate its earbuds from others that are now available from competitors. Apple's AirPods have led the way, followed by Samsung , and Amazon is also reportedly joining the fray .
Williams had 12 Grand Slams at the time of that tweet. In addition, the peak time of the broadcast came in the 2:00 pm ET hour and, given the presence of the phenomenal theater with Woods and the accumulation of viewers, an impressive rating was posted.
"I thought he had a chance to be competitive", Westgate's Jay Sherman said of Woods, "but I'm a little surprised by him winning, especially with the competition he faced".
In New Jersey, BetStars reported losing $360,000, which was the biggest loss they took on a single sporting event since they started serving the New Jersey market a year ago.
Woods entered the final round tied for second with Tony Finau, two shots adrift of leader Francesco Molinari.
The live telecast peaked from 2:15-2:30 p.m. ET with a 12.1 rating as Woods earned his fifth green jacket - first since 2005 - and his 15th major title. Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka, and Xander Schauffele all received $858,667 for finishing right behind Woods in the standings. But Tiger's doing it now, so people are paying attention.
A decade after a marital dispute with his then-wife led to a crushing fall from grace for the golfer ー which was then compounded by years of injuries, surgeries and a public battle with substance abuse ー Woods claimed his first major championship in 11 years, and the 15th of his career.
- All Blacks star Damian McKenzie ruled out of World Cup
- The Game Brutally Slams News Reporter Over Her 'Disrespectful' Nipsey Hussle Comments
- The Beresheet Spacecraft Crashed. What Next? | Sivan Rahav Meir
- Kawhi has 37 points, Lowry adds 22 as Raptors even series
- Eberle, Islanders put Penguins on brink of elimination
- Russell Wilson won't sign with Seattle Seahawks after self-imposed deadline
- Dog rescued while swimming 220 kilometres off Thailand
- Bill Weld: Trump to face 2020 Republican challenge
- Finland elections kick off with austerity, climate in focus
- Red Cross reveals abducted staff in Syria, missing for 5 years