At launch, they might be called Surface Buds, but there's no confirmation of that name.
In addition to the Surface Headphones, which were officially launched past year, the software giant is now working on its very own earbuds that would technically be positioned as an alternative to Apple's AirPods and other similar devices already on the market.
It's not year clear how Microsoft intends to differentiate its earbuds from others that are now available from competitors.
Center Core of SpaceX's Falcon Heavy Rocket Lost at Sea
The core that was lost at sea flew on April 11, which was the second flight for the Falcon Heavy rocket . While we had hoped to bring the booster back intact, the safety of our team always takes precedence.
Microsoft's Surface headphones and their carrying case. While Cortana voice control seems like a possibility, Microsoft no longer sees its virtual assistant as a direct competitor to Amazon's Alexa or Google Assistant. "Thurrott does say that the buds could contain a feature that "[improves] interactions between a phone and the earbuds" to make reading websites, e-books, and other digital content easier on smartphones, but that functionality may not make it into the final product. Keep in mind Microsoft already sells the $349.99 Surface Headphones, a pair of over-ear headphones with Cortana and premium features like noise cancellation. Apple's AirPods have led the way, followed by Samsung, and Amazon is also reportedly joining the fray.
The new head phones cost the same as the original version.
The H1 chip allows for speedier connectivity, 50 percent more talk time compared to the original AirPods, as well as hands-free "Hey Siri".
They're available for purchase now online and in Apple stores.
- Attorney General Barr: Federal law protecting state-legal marijuana trumps current situation
- Ocasio-Cortez quits Facebook, calling social media a 'public health risk'
- Capt Amarinder Singh lashes out at Modi for politicising Jallianwala Bagh centenary
- Bernie Sanders releases 10 years of tax returns
- BTS Gives Intense, Epic Performance of 'Mic Drop'
- QB Wilson won't sign after deadline
- Arrested After 5-Year-Old Child Thrown From 3rd Floor At MOA
- Ilhan Omar of dismissing 9/11 attacks
- Georgia Engel, known for The Mary Tyler Moore Show, dies at 70
- OnePlus 7 reportedly due to be unveiled May 14