"If the waves had been strong, we wouldn't have seen him", Vitisak Payalaw, of Chevron Thailand Exploration and Production's oil drilling team, wrote on Facebook.
The crew managed to rescue the dog by putting a rope around its neck and hauling it up.
The dog continued to hold on for dear life, watching the workers as they figured out how to get the animal safely on board. They lowered a rope down to the dog and pulled them to safety. Workers provided him with water and pieces of meat on the deck of the rig, and they set up a kennel for him indoors.
Center Core of SpaceX's Falcon Heavy Rocket Lost at Sea
The core that was lost at sea flew on April 11, which was the second flight for the Falcon Heavy rocket . While we had hoped to bring the booster back intact, the safety of our team always takes precedence.
The Thai oil workers chose to name their stray dog "Boonrod" or "Survivor".
It was then lifted by crane to a passing oil vessel on April 14 before finally arriving to shore where animal charity workers were ready to collect her. Payalaw declined to speculate, simply saying it is still a mystery.
Boonrod - an aspin, a breed native to the Philippines - was returned at around 10 a.m. local time Monday to the mainland, where he was taken in by the charity Watchdog Thailand. According to The Associated Press, the group has declared him "in good shape".
It's not clear how a dog made its way to the middle of the ocean, but the lone pup was found swimming 136 miles off the coast of Thailand. InsideEdition.com's Stephanie Officer details how Boonrod was rescued.
- Indian court refuses to suspend ban order on Chinese app TikTok
- It's 'impregnation vacation' time for Ronda Rousey
- The Honor 20 is coming on 21 May
- Eberle, Islanders put Penguins on brink of elimination
- Singapore Sevens: South Africa stage remarkable comeback to win final
- Russo brothers working on documentary on Stan Lee
- Apple Spending Millions of Dollars To Secure New Games for Apple Arcade
- A new Lego Star Wars game is reportedly on the way
- Bill Weld: Trump to face 2020 Republican challenge
- QB Wilson won't sign after deadline