A two-time World Cup victor, his chances of adding a third appeared over when he left for France.
Damian McKenzie reacts to his injury against the Blues.
New Zealand's Damian McKenzie is the latest high-profile player to be ruled out of the 2019 World Cup in Japan. "The rules are the rules and we're all playing by them".
It was a continuation of a remarkable run of form from Nonu after his three seasons in France.
"He's just Ma'a, isn't he?" he told reporters. Hansen said. "You get the subtle touches and you get the brutality, as ALB [Lienert-Brown] found out at the weekend. It's not one you like but you have to swallow it", Hansen said. I just like the fact that he's been courageous enough to come back and he'll be considered like everybody else.
McKenzie to miss out on World Cup
"We've got to expect injuries and there'll be more than just him, I suggest, by the time we finally name the team to go to the World Cup", Hansen said.
"There are lot of good players in that position, so some good people are going to miss out". He suffered the injury early in the second half when attempting a tackle on first-five Otere Black, and looked to be favouring his right knee when hobbling off.
McKenzie has 23 Test caps for New Zealand, and the news will come as a major blow to the defending world champions who begin their World Cup campaign against South Africa in Yokohama on September 21.
"It's a real shame for him, his World Cup opportunity has gone".
OnePlus 7 reportedly due to be unveiled May 14
Courtesy of @ OnLeaks and Pricebaba the renders are CAD-based renders that show a device extremely similar to the OnePlus 6T. The OnePlus 7 Pro will be the one with a popup front camera and a 6.64-inch (some say 6.67 inches) curved edge display.
- Colorado Avalanche and Avs Nation Celebrating Nathan MacKinnon’s Goal
- Fire under control, attention turns to Notre Dame's future
- Ilhan Omar of dismissing 9/11 attacks
- Forza Street Launches For PC, Mobiles Later This Year
- Bruins bounce back to down Maple Leafs in Game 2
- BTS Gives Intense, Epic Performance of 'Mic Drop'
- Watford won't be distracted by the FA Cup Final, insists Gracia
- QB Wilson won't sign after deadline
- Amazon is reportedly preparing to launch a free music streaming service
- Google teases May 7 announcement, likely Pixel 3a and 3a XL