Kit Harington, Emilia Clarke, Sophie Turner, Lena Headey, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Maisie Williams, Gwendoline Christie, Peter Dinklage and more appear in this fun-filled behind-the-scenes peek, just the first of many more to come.
Just ask Kit Harington, who almost had a very NSFW accident while filming a scene for the season 8 premiere episode, which aired last night.
In Live+Same day calculations courtesy of HBO, the Season 8 premiere was watched by a whopping 17.4 million people across all HBO platforms, which include linear, HBO GO, and HBO Now.
Following Season 8's first episode, the internet freaked out over Bran Stark (Isaac Hemsptead Wright), who was caught creeping on multiple characters and giving major side eye to Jaime Lannister, who showed up near the end of the premiere. The odds were always good that Thrones would kill in viewership in Season 8, but there was no saying if the show would make history right out of the gate.
HBO Now also posted its biggest streaming night ever, the channel said Monday.
President Trump says he will present Tiger Woods with Medal of Freedom
While it may seem like a bit much, and maybe it is, it's also not unprecedented for a major sports figure to receive the award. Trump owns a dozen golf courses in the US and frequently spends his weekends at his clubs in Florida, Virginia or New Jersey.
The 9:00 P.M. airing of the premiere was viewed by 11.8 million viewers, surpassing the season seven premiere of 10.1 million viewers and slightly behind the season seven finale of 12.1 million viewers.
"Thrones" has become a TV blockbuster at a time when there's vast competition from streaming services and social media.
As epic as Game of Thrones scenes may look on screen, filming them can be decidedly less glamorous.
In fact, the premiere of Season 5 nearly matched the Season 8 premiere with its April 12, 2015 airing. While Sansa and Arya had previously taken up residence at their former home in Winterfell last season, they were joined by Jon Snow in a heartwarming reunion, as well as Bran Stark in a, uh, less heartwarming reunion.
- Pressure mounts on Sudan military to transfer to civilian rule
- Zidane tells Real Madrid: Ronaldo is GONE. Move on
- Klobuchar Releases Taxes, Urges Trump To Do Same
- How to Get God of War's Free PS4 Anniversary Theme and Avatar
- Measles Count Down In Michigan, Vaccines Still Urged
- Game of Phones: 76ers get blown call on bench in blowout
- David Griffin agrees to join Pelicans in executive role
- Eight cars fail inspection before Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond Raceway
- Studio 'freaking out' after new abuse claims against Depp
- Arrested After 5-Year-Old Child Thrown From 3rd Floor At MOA