After battling to overhaul 54-hole leader Francesco Molinari of Italy, Woods birdied the par-5 13 to join a lead pack of five at 12-under. Due to inclement weather expected in the afternoon, the iconic post-round celebration of the Masters victor has been nixed in part because officials want to expedite gate closures. The leaders will tee off at 9:20 a.m. ET.
"It's been a while since I've been in contention here, " Woods said told ESPN.
'But it's been a pleasure being here, being a champion, I look forward to coming for many more years. "And so that helps".
It was also his first victory at a major since a series of personal troubles that began in 2009 pushed Woods to take a break from the sport.
Gallery: Falcon Heavy with Arabsat-6A - Hard as thunder, light as rain
Then came SpaceX's successful commercial mission into space . "Three for three boosters today", a SpaceX webcast commentator said. The satellite is created to provide television, internet, telephone, and secure communications to customers in the Middle East.
Sunday's thrilling victory puts the former world No.1 just three majors behind the all-time record of Jack Nicklaus.
Woods' win came after he shot a 2-under 70 for a one-stroke victory in Augusta, Georgia. It also ends a almost 11-year major tournament drought for Woods, who last captured one back in 2008 at the US Open. "I was really hoping it would go in". But it's not like I can only worry about him. In 2006, he was a caddy at the Masters for his brother.
Chalk this weekend up as one for the good guys.
American Brooks Koepka, 28, sits in fourth place going into the final round. Woods' win at Augusta National was his 15th career major title and first since 2008. He won the U.S. Open in 2017 as well. But ensuing rounds of 75 and 73 would derail those hopes, leading to a disappointing week for the world's sixth-ranked player.
- Kevin Durant, Patrick Beverley ejected in Game 1
- Little Boy Thrown From 3rd Floor At Mall Of America
- Facebook planning to bring chat back into main app
- Star Wars Celebration Chicago: Jedi: Fallen Order looks dynamite
- Star Wars Galaxy's Edge to feature specially created Coca-Cola packaging
- Greg Craig Pleads Not Guilty to Lying About Foreign Lobbying
- Police detectors to catch drivers using mobile phones
- Lightning star Nikita Kucherov suspended one game
- Trump considering sending illegals to sanctuary cities
- A look at Samsung's new Galaxy A series, specifications, and differences