Palestinian government ministers were sworn in for a second time on Sunday after a lawyer noticed that the oath they took the day before had been missing a phrase.
"A Palestinian lawyer had watched the swearing-in ceremony and noticed that the clause "[to be loyal] to the people and its national heritage" was not included.
Meanwhile, Abbas said he does not think it is useful to talk with the United States President Donald Trump about any solution or issue, after he recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and moved the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
"We were hoping and will hope to go for a national unity government that will be a salvation government that rescues the current national Palestinian status", said al-Hayya in a press statement.
Abbas, 84, is seen as retaining the real decision-making authority.
At least 20 killed in market blast in Pakistani city of Quetta
The committee voiced serious concern over the Quetta blast and continued killings of members of the Hazara community. A security source suspected that the Islamic State (IS) might be the culprit based on the information they obtained.
While his term was meant to expire in 2009, Abbas has remained in office in the absence of elections since the Fatah-Hamas split.
The rival Hamas group that runs Gaza called the move blow to unity efforts that faltered since the two groups signed a new reconciliation deal in Cairo in October 2017, but disputes over power-sharing had blocked the implementation of the agreement.
Two factions of Abbas's Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) refused to take part in Shtayyeh's government.
- Pressure mounts on Sudan military to transfer to civilian rule
- Com hack more extensive than Microsoft first claimed, email contents compromised
- 14 and loughlin , husband parents Confront new charge from scam
- Aircraft with the largest wingspan in the world completes first flight
- 'Big Little Lies' Reveals Season 2 Trailer & Premiere Date
- See Hayden Christensen & Matt Lanter Unite At Star Wars Celebration
- Passenger jumps out of jet at Phoenix airport
- Fordham student injured in fall from bell tower
- Loose Women call Harry and Meghan's royal baby plan 'stage-managed'
- Zidane tells Real Madrid: Ronaldo is GONE. Move on