"The blast was targeting members of the Hazara community", DAWN quoted Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Abdul Razzaq Cheema as saying.
Cheema, the police chief said at least eight Shiites were among the dead, as well as a paramilitary soldier and seven other people.
Pakistani Taliban militants have been waging a campaign of bombings and other attacks on Pakistani security forces. He said the government will fully implement the National Action Plan (NAP) and no terrorist will be spared no matter which organisation they belong to.
The protesters in Quetta have refused to call off their sit-in until their demands were met, including the arrests of those behind the attack and stepped-up measures to protect their community. The committee voiced serious concern over the Quetta blast and continued killings of members of the Hazara community.
Hazara make up about 500,000 of Quetta's 2.3 million people.
Disney+ Streaming Service Details Announced Including Dates, Price, and NEW Original Series!
It'll also host every episode of The Simpsons , lots of Disney and Pixar movies alongside National Geographic content too. It'll be available in the United States on November 12, 2019 and it's expected to drop in Canada shortly after.
The LeJ is a Sunni militant group, which has claimed responsibility for several deadly attacks against the minority Shia community in Pakistan, including the 2013 blasts in Quetta that killed over 200 Hazara Shias.
Mengal had been detained for three months under maintenance of public order regulations. A security source suspected that the Islamic State (IS) might be the culprit based on the information they obtained.
The Islamic State group, also known by its Arabic acronym Da'ish, claimed the responsibility.
"Targeted for their religion by sectarian armed groups, they have suffered many such tragedies over several years".
"Prime Minister Imran Khan's government has made important commitments to protect all religious groups in the country".
The body parts of the suspected attacker have been sent to the Punjab Forensic Science Agency for DNA testing, he said, adding that the test reports would be handed over to Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Kamal.
- Taliban claim attack as spring offensive begins
- Tristan Thompson Attends True’s 1st Birthday Party & Briefly Reunites With Khloe Kardashian
- Kadri to have hearing today for DeBrusk hit
- Com hack more extensive than Microsoft first claimed, email contents compromised
- Fordham student injured in fall from bell tower
- 'Big Little Lies' Reveals Season 2 Trailer & Premiere Date
- PSG lack personality says critical Mbappe
- Microsoft Xbox Spring Sales offers Xbox Games, Console, Game Pass and more
- Bharat First Poster: Heavily-bearded Salman Khan promises a colourful ride
- Facebook ships VR controllers with hidden messages