"I didn't tell Chelsea Clinton she was the one who put a gun to Muslims' heads", the student later tweeted.
"This right here is the result of the massacre stoked by people like you and the words that you have put out into the world", one student said to Clinton.
The students' comments were in response to Clinton's criticism of Democratic politician Ilhan Omar, who sparked controversy last month when she tweeted that a fellow politician was motivated by money to defend Israel.
Clinton did not apologize, but said, "Certainly, it was never my intention".
Australian Man Appears In Court On Murder Charge After Christchurch Attack
New Zealand citizens as young as 16, provided they pass a background check to get a firearms license, can possess a long gun. She said neither the gunmen nor the suspected accomplices were on any terrorist watchlist in New Zealand or Australia.
"We should all be condemning anti-Semitism and all forms of hate", he wrote. Omar has recently suggested American Jews have "dual loyalty" and criticized pro-Israel lobby AIPAC as being "All about the Benjamins". As people in unwavering solidarity with Palestinians in their struggle for freedom and human rights, we were profoundly disappointed when Chelsea Clinton used her platform to fan those flames. "I want you to feel that deep inside, that forty-nine people died because of the rhetoric that you put out there". Clinton tried to deescalate the situation, but the students continued, with more joining in.
Photo Credit: Chelsea Clinton's Facebook page. "Anyone who doesn't understand this is part of the problem", the president's eldest son added.
The video was taken on Friday at a vigil in NY for the 49 victims of the shootings, which targeted two mosques in the city of Christchurch.
"What does 'I'm sorry you feel that way mean?'", someone from behind the camera yells, before the video cuts out.
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, a prominent conservative commentator, agreed and said the blame lies exclusively with the gunman. "We should all expect elected officials, regardless of party, and all public figures to not traffic in anti-Semitism", Clinton tweeted.
- Sniper Elite V2 Remastered announced | PlayStation 4
- Christchurch Shooting: 49 People Killed In New Zealand Mosque Terror Attack
- HEXO to acquire and Newstrike Brands for $263M
- Six Nations 2019: Ireland will show up in Japan - Schmidt
- VW chief apologises for Auschwitz pun
- YouTube, Facebook, Twitter scrambling to contain video of New Zealand mosque shooting
- China's Property Investment Growth Hits Five-Year High Driven by Smaller Cities
- Amazon Finally Stops Selling Some Books Promoting Fake Autism ‘Cures’
- Johnny Manziel signs with AAF, report says
- Israeli warplanes strike Gaza after rockets fired towards Tel Aviv