The flight data and voice recorders of the Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft were delivered to France on Thursday after Ethiopia asked BEA for assistance in analyzing the jet's black boxes.
The Ethiopian disaster and a crash previous year in Indonesia both involved Boeing 737 Max 8 planes. The United States and many other countries have grounded the Max 8s as the US -based company faces the challenge of proving the jets are safe to fly amid suspicions that faulty sensors and software contributed to the two crashes that killed 346 people in less than six months.
As investigators in Paris started studying the cockpit voice recorder of the crashed Ethiopian Airlines jet Saturday, grieving family members were given sacks of dirt to bury in place of the remains of their loved ones.
Air Canada says it is suspending its financial guidance for 2019 after the grounding of the Boeing 737 Max aircraft involved in two deadly crashes in five months.
The fatal accident near Addis Ababa came after a Lion Air 737 MAX 8 crashed last October, killing 189 people.
Air Canada and United Airlines on Friday became the first major carriers in North America to warn of negative financial implications to business as a effect of the grounding of the Boeing planes.
The investigations into both 737 Max crashes are underway, and expected to focus on the automated controls.
Court rules Remington can be sued related to Sandy Hook shooting
But there are exceptions for violations of state laws, and that's what the CT court will now allow a state court trial to examine. The lawsuit, by relatives of nine victims and one survivor, points to the "militaristic" marketing of Remington's AR-15 rifle.
The US on Wednesday joined most countries in grounding the 737 MAX over safety fears.
An FAA emergency order has grounded 737 MAX 8 and MAX 9 aircraft until further notice, effectively taking the aircraft out of the skies globally.
"Following the banning of the 737 MAX from the airspace of many countries, including America, which is the country that builds it, this type of plane is now banned from Iranian airspace", Jafarzadeh said.
However, Aimer said, after a certain point the Ethiopian Airlines plane's fate was sealed.
Both planes flew with erratic altitude changes that could indicate the pilots struggled to control the aircraft.
At least four American pilots later complained of the same problem with the aircraft, according to documents reviewed by AFP on the Aviation Safety Reporting System, a voluntary incident database maintained by NASA.
- China's Property Investment Growth Hits Five-Year High Driven by Smaller Cities
- Johnny Manziel signs with AAF, report says
- Love Island star Mike Thalassitis known as 'Muggy Mike' found dead
- Australian Man Appears In Court On Murder Charge After Christchurch Attack
- VW chief apologises for Auschwitz pun
- Christchurch Shooting: 49 People Killed In New Zealand Mosque Terror Attack
- 'Heartfelt grief and sorrow' - Pacific pledges solidarity after Christchurch mosque attacks
- Six Nations 2019: Ireland will show up in Japan - Schmidt
- Trump says he is not in a rush to complete trade deal
- Australian senator faces censure for anti-immigration stance