Far-right agitator Neil Erikson was controlling access to the building.
"Whilst this kind of violent vigilantism can never be justified, what it highlights is the growing fear within our community, both in Australia and New Zealand, of the increasing Muslim presence", Anning said. "Police at the front of the venue were notified, attended and arrested the 17-year-old shortly thereafter". The teenager then raises his phone and uses his other hand to slam the egg on the back on Anning's head. In the same speech, Anning called for drastic cuts to Muslim immigration and a return to racially based immigration policies.
The teenager was tackled to the ground and held in a headlock by four supporters of Senator Anning, including convicted criminal Neil Erickson.
He was late released by the police without any charge.
Although there is no evidence they also used eggs to convey their displeasure, many global leaders had strongly criticized the senator's initial comments soon after news emerged of a heinous attack on two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand. Aiming to raise $2,000 for him to pay any potential legal fees and "buy more eggs", it had eclipsed $5,000 by 11:00 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time Saturday morning.
Love Island star Mike Thalassitis known as 'Muggy Mike' found dead
The striker, who was dubbed "Muggy Mike" by fellow contestants on the show, reportedly passed away near his home town in Essex. Tributes have flooded in for late Love Island star Mike Thalassitis after he was found dead near his hometown on Saturday.
'Resign. You do not deserve to stand representative of the Australian people, ' another person said.
Earlier on Saturday, Minister for Home Affairs Peter Dutton instructed Senator Anning not to make any further public comment on the matter.
"No, but we do see the link between certain senators and violence", wrote one man on Twitter.
"I would normally not want to give this any oxygen, but I want to absolutely and completely denounce the statements made by Senator Anning...on this horrendous terrorist attack, with issues of immigration, in his attack on Islamic faith specifically", Mr Morrison said.
News.com.au political reporter Sam Clench wrote: "The Australian senator now spewing racist garbage in response to the New Zealand mosque attack got 19 votes at the last election".
- For killing of reputed Gambino family mob boss, report says
- HEXO to acquire and Newstrike Brands for $263M
- Israeli warplanes strike Gaza after rockets fired towards Tel Aviv
- Man spared in New Zealand massacre fled violence in native Afghanistan
- Process to identify remains from Ethiopian Airlines crash underway
- Six Nations 2019: Ireland will show up in Japan - Schmidt
- VW chief apologises for Auschwitz pun
- Court rules Remington can be sued related to Sandy Hook shooting
- Johnny Manziel signs with AAF, report says
- IRAN Iranian lawyers protest conviction of human rights activist Nasrin Sotoudeh