Chelsea Clinton tried to attend a vigil at New York University to show respect for the victims of the awful massacre in New Zealand but pro-Muslim activists used the opportunity to berate her for calling out anti-Semitism.
Clinton was attending a vigil for the victims of the massacre at two Christchurch mosques in New Zealand that left 49 people dead and over 40 injured. "Certainly, it was never my intention".
Clinton responded once more, "I'm so sorry you feel that way", before another student yells "What does "I'm sorry you feel that way" mean?" I do believe words matter.
Clinton was attending a vigil in NY to honor the victims when students berated her and recorded the confrontation.
One student at the vigil approached Clinton and specifically referenced her condemnation of Ilhan's comments, arguing that they played a role in creating an atmosphere ripe for anti-Muslim violence.
"I'm so sorry", she said.
At least 24 dead, over 100 missing in Zimbabwe after cyclone
Some passengers said, though, that they were unaware of the cancellations until they arrived at the airport attempting to leave. The United Nations said more than 100 people had already died in weeks of heavy rain and flooding in Mozambique and Malawi.
"Forty-nine people are dead because of the rhetoric that you put out there", she charged.
"T$3 he CAUCASITY that chelsea clinton has showing up to a vigil for the 49 muslims massacred in an islamophobic hate crime after STOKING ISLAMOPHOBIA AND RACISM surrounding ilhan omar. f**king ridiculous", she tweeted.
"What does "I'm sorry you feel that way" mean?" another student asked. We should expect all elected officials, regardless of party, and all public figures to not traffic in anti-Semitism.
The girl who was seen calling out Clinton in the video appears to be a pro-Palestine Muslim activist and a sympathiser of the Black Lives Matter movement.
On Saturday, Clinton found a surprise ally in Donald Trump Jr., who described the treatment received by the former president's daughter as "sickening" and praised her stance against anti-Semitism.
- Mike Ashley turns up heat in dispute with Debenhams
- Beto O'Rourke Campaigns on Bringing Tinder to Rural Populations
- Ninja Reportedly Earned $1 Million For Promoting "Apex Legends"
- Indian Wells: Canadian Teenager Bianca Andreescu crushes Garbine Muguruza to reach semis
- Nations Championship semi-finals scrapped
- Stolen Bruegel masterpiece was switched with fake in police sting
- Trump fails to end 'Apprentice' contestant's defamation lawsuit
- European Union leaders urge clarity from Britain before Brexit delay
- Apple owes Qualcomm $31M in patents dispute, jury finds
- Left 4 Dead devs reveal new zombie FPS Back 4 Blood