Created by the same team that made Left 4 Dead, Back 4 Blood is a co-op zombie shooter built from the ground up for the current generation. "Interactive-Entertainment-Turtle-Rock-Studios/?feedref=JjAwJuNHiystnCoBq_hl-SP7CEH_PxTjduXJ0SDrbU6qcp-o_pnudlUwsb5apQ1S4gUE65BTfjH3-pSuqdv0gW3cb3F4oTIgUqCPafFkgu67Ap_pA_yJ1XPgPy1DuJnY">announced Back 4 Blood, a team-based zombie shooter that aims to modernize the L4D concept with "new features and state-of-the-art technology". "Back 4 Blood is our own brand new, original IP", the studio mentioned.
The team isn't using the phrase "spiritual successor" for itself, but it's clear from its announcement that that's basically what we have here.
"We get to return to a genre that was born in our studio with over ten years of additional experience and zombie ideas racked up in our brains", Turtle Rock Studios design director and co-founder Chris Ashton said.
It wasn't the first zombie shooter ever made, but for years, Left 4 Dead was the most popular, warranting a sequel a year after its initial release.
In response to the question of if Back 4 Blood should be seen as Left 4 Dead 3, the answer is no.
In terms of details, things are a little limited, but we know that there'll be an eventual PC release, and that the game will be a "premium, AAA title".
Those of you expecting Left 4 Dead 3, keep it in your trousers - Turtle Rock assures us this game is not related to the IP in any way. In fact, at the time Valve purchased Turtle Rock in early 2008 (several months before the first game was released), Valve president Gabe Newell said the purchase was "an easy decision" due to "our expectations for Left 4 Dead".
Uefa Champions League draw: Manchester United to face Barcelona in quarter-finals
Despite just a single point gap at the top of the standings, Manchester City remain -275 favorites to win the league while Liverpool are +225.
It remains unclear whether Back 4 Blood is replacing the Left 4 Dead franchise.
The team couldn't commit to whether microtransactions would be in the final game but said it wasn't a focus of the development right now and promised "if we do have paid post-launch content, like microtransactions, we want to do something that the community feels good about".
"Is this game going to be a Battle Royale game?".
When will the community get to play?
Back 4 Blood is a hugely ambitious project and we need the best of the best to come join us.
Additionally, the company wanted to let the industry know it is working on something big because it is looking to hire new talent.
- Italian officials order inquiry into acquittal based on rape victim's masculine appearance
- Physicists REVERSE time using Quantum Computer — Time Travel BREAKTHROUGH
- Mike Ashley turns up heat in dispute with Debenhams
- Watch the Chilling Trailer for Netflix’s ‘The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann’
- Suspect in Christchurch mosque shootings to appear in court
- Lakers Owner Considered Trading LeBron Because of Agent Rich Paul
- Nations Championship semi-finals scrapped
- Bloody Sunday British paratrooper charged with two murders over massacre
- European Union leaders urge clarity from Britain before Brexit delay
- Hurricane Blizzard: Massive 'Bomb Cyclone' Bears Down on Continental US