Ireland captain, Rory Best, marked his final Six Nations game at the Aviva Stadium by overseeing the men in green to a bonus point win.
Above all in need of a performance to banish some of those doubts, Ireland got just that and utterly outclassed a French side that, not for the first time in this year's championship, looked completely out of their depth.
We know going to Cardiff next week we will have to be a lot better and the exciting thing is how we get our teeth into that.
Warren Gatland's Wales - the only team with a chance of a grand slam - have 16 points, England 15 and Ireland 14.
Simply ending Wales' national record winning streak at 13 matches will go a long way to further boosting Irish confidence that was restored as soon as Best touched down in the corner.
Duke vs. Florida State - 3/16/19 College Basketball Pick, Odds, and Prediction
DID YOU KNOW: The Duke offense has scored 84.1 points per game this season, ranking the Blue Devils sixth among Division I teams. Before Barrett missed two free throws with 12 seconds left up by one, Williams called a timeout to assess UNC's options.
Although reclaiming the Six Nations title is not entirely in Ireland's hands, Joe Schmidt clearly believes his side have begun to distance themselves from the ominous worries that surrounded early games throughout this campaign.
"It's been six incredible years for me".
On Sunday the Ulster front row led from the front yet again, peeling off a drive from a line-out to score the first try of the match as early as the third minute at Lansdowne Road.
France managed to get hold of some ball early in the second half but never looked like threatening before Earls became Ireland's joint second-highest try scorer when he ran clear for his 30th global try. The British & Irish Lion recently announced that he would move to London Irish after this autumn's World Cup.
Ireland were 26-0 up until three minutes from the end when France, frustratingly saving their best for a time when the match was lost, managed converted tries from Yoann Huget and Camille Chat that skewed the scoreline.
"I think it's taken a while but there was a bit of our rhythm back today", said Schmidt.
- Vancouver Muslims react to New Zealand terrorist attack
- Alia Bhatt celebrates birthday with media
- Physicists REVERSE time using Quantum Computer — Time Travel BREAKTHROUGH
- UAE slams European Union for inclusion in tax haven blacklist
- Workers on Sanders' 2020 White House campaign join union
- United Kingdom lawmakers to vote on fresh referendum
- Miss. St. meets A&M in SEC tourney
- Google working on a foldable smartphone? Here’s what patent shows
- Malaysia shuts 111 schools, but poisoning outbreak 'under control'
- Declan Rice: Gareth Southgate says dual nationality is 'complicated' issue