The National Weather Service (NWS) issued a statement today (Friday) saying: "Widespread and extremely unsafe flooding will continue today and tonight".
Becker noted that a Notice of Unusual Event was declared at 5:46 a.m. on Friday after the Missouri River reached 899 feet.
Due to the excess water, the Missouri River is expected to reach 1092-1093 feet in the Dakota Dunes area and 1096-1097 in the Wynstone area.
"Runoff will result in flooding in low lying areas, typically prone to spring flooding", the GRCA said in a statement on Wednesday afternoon.
Nebraska and other parts of the Midwest are coping with heavy flooding this weekend in the wake of a powerful "bomb cyclone" as well as from the natural snow melt during spring thaw, forecasters said.
The plant continues to operate safely and "there is no threat to plant employees or to the public", the utility said in a release.
Suspect in Christchurch mosque shootings to appear in court
Hungry for any news, families and friends of the victims gathered at the city's Hagley College, near the hospital. It's a city in crisis mode yet again, just a few years on from the quakes that rattled Christchurch to its core.
About 45 miles northwest of Omaha, the town of North Bend - home to almost 1,200 along the banks of the Platte River - emergency workers used boats to evacuate residents. They could be tested this year.
In hilly terrain, there are hundreds of low water crossings that are potentially unsafe in heavy rain.
Flood waters have receded at 18th and Iowa streets in Perry, but the NWS flood warning remains in effect. Thousands of homes and businesses were still without power Friday in Colorado, mostly in the Denver area, although crews worked throughout the day to restore electricity.
Major to moderate flooding has been reported across Nebraska. DO NOT take U.S. 275 North. Flooding in Hamburg, Iowa will block your progress.
Since issuing that statement, the Weather Service itself had to evacuate due to a dike failure on the Platte River. Flood coordinators are advised to monitor conditions along River Drive (south of Caledonia), Sims Lock Road, Grand Sports Road as well as the communities of Cayuga and Port Maitland.
- Nations Championship semi-finals scrapped
- Errol Spence Jr. On Mikey Garcia: "This Is A 50/50 Fight"
- Uefa Champions League draw: Manchester United to face Barcelona in quarter-finals
- Australian senator faces censure for anti-immigration stance
- Judge Sets Date for Roger Stone's Trial in the Mueller Case
- Bale: Manchester United boss Solskjaer fails to rule out move
- Trump says he is not in a rush to complete trade deal
- The Queen and Prince Charles release statements following New Zealand mosque attacks
- Trump fails to end 'Apprentice' contestant's defamation lawsuit
- Amazon Finally Stops Selling Some Books Promoting Fake Autism ‘Cures’