While a patent application doesn't mean anything is set in stone, it does mean Google is at least thinking about a foldable device. There is a chance that Google could just give this design to a manufacturer if it wanted to produce a foldable version of a Pixel phone in the future. Another sketch shows the device folded in a "Z" shape. The device will have a single inward fold, according to the patent images.
The folks at Patently Mobile have discovered a patent application from Google for a foldable smartphone - the flip phone variety. Check out how it looks in the images below. As seen in the diagram, the fold is inwards from the top.
It looks like Google has considered using foldable display technology.
But boy is that a big if.
What do we expect to see in the iPhone 11? That's not to so these patents couldn't be used for future phones, or that they don't help in the development of similar products, only that they don't guarantee such a device will ever be released. This is a form factor a few other companies are looking at, including Samsung, for a Fold-successor. While we've seen this design in a few other patents it's something fewer manufacturers seem to be considering, as most patents we've seen show phones folding in two.
United Kingdom lawmakers to vote on fresh referendum
The MPs were expected to vote on an extension of the Article 50 on Thursday, potentially delaying Brexit until May or later. If the vote is successful then she can ask for a "short technical extension" to Article 50.
Newfangled gadgets have always been subject to all sorts of rumors and speculations, and foldable phones are no exception.
It should come as no surprise that Google is diving deep into gaming.
The search giant's not the only one trying to make a small foldable phone.
Foldable smartphones are the flavour of the year for smartphone companies. Its Pixel phones have been slow to adopt multiple cameras and to shrink their bezels, unlike its major competitors. The Pixel 3 was produced by Chinese company Foxconn, for example.
- Opposition MPs push for Wilson-Raybould to testify again
- Formula One race director Charlie Whiting dies on eve of Australian GP
- Doan's family urges her not to lose hope
- Andreescu advances to Indian Wells final
- What to make of NCAA's Notice of Allegations sent to Georgia Tech
- Vancouver Muslims react to New Zealand terrorist attack
- Chancellor insists Brexit deal will help economy and reveals Londonderry talks 'progressing'
- Workers on Sanders' 2020 White House campaign join union
- Smart returns to LSU lineup for SEC tourney loss
- ‘The Sopranos’ prequel ‘Newark’ sets a 2020 release date