Manchester United head coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was upbeat after his side were drawn against Barcelona in the quarter-finals of the Champions League, insisting that they would have to beat everyone if they are to lift the trophy.
The caretaker manager recognises that United had to come through similarly tight situations to win the Champions League 20 years ago, having to come back from two goals down in the away leg to defeat Juventus in the semi-final before their dramatic late recovery against Bayern.
Uefa Champions League draw: Manchester United to face Barcelona in quarter-finals
Despite just a single point gap at the top of the standings, Manchester City remain -275 favorites to win the league while Liverpool are +225.
'I don't agree with Gary Neville when he says teams should go out of this competition to focus on that.
Should Sanchez leave United, the Old Trafford fans will expect a big-name replacement and Bale arriving at the club would certainly fit the bill.
"It's not easy - I don't know if it's easy either - when you're in the media or when you're a supporter, you can think short-term". We can go all the way, but you've got to be lucky and good along the way. "Back then, we beat Liverpool, we beat Chelsea and we beat Arsenal".
"We have played so much worse and won games and that's the unusual thing when you're a manager you can look behind the result and say that was a good performance but we didn't get what we deserved... it's so odd". "There's so many variables and these games will be decided by margins". "We have faith that his situation can change rapidly. And the mood is good, the training attitude is good, so hopefully we can keep that run going".
- Ireland take bonus point Six Nations win over France
- Worst tropical cyclone in a decade may strike Mozambique on Friday
- Google cleans up by banning over 2 million 'misleading' ads in 2018
- At least 24 dead, over 100 missing in Zimbabwe after cyclone
- Gunned down Gambino crime boss 'lured outside by fake vehicle accident'
- Stolen Bruegel masterpiece was switched with fake in police sting
- Nations Championship semi-finals scrapped
- No Man's Sky Beyond Adds Sprawling Online Multiplayer Component, Coming This Summer
- Left 4 Dead devs reveal new zombie FPS Back 4 Blood
- Trump fails to end 'Apprentice' contestant's defamation lawsuit