As the co-hosts gathered around her, Goldberg outlined how she'd gone to the hospital via ambulance and how "the scariest moment was hearing my doctor say to me, 'You do realize how close to death you were?'"
Her fellow co-hosts were stunned by her arrival and Goldberg was greeted with their smiles and embraces while the audience chanted her name.
"One of the things I discovered is your insurance really doesn't do much for you", she said.
Whoopi didn't stay the whole show, but after speaking about her health with her costars, she said she'd probably be back on Monday.
"The insurance people should listen to the doctor. these are things we have the power to take care of", she said. You say, 'I'm gonna just keep going, keep going.' And you think because you've healed quick before that something insane can't happen. "Well, it can", the star explained. Double pneumonia and sepsis. "They are people who are looking at algorithms and things", Goldberg said.
United Kingdom to publish no-deal Brexit plans for Irish border
Small businesses trading across the border will be able to report Value-Added Tax online without any new processes at the border. If MPs vote for a no-deal withdrawal from the EU, European cars and trucks could be slapped with a 10.6 per cent tarriff.
Goldberg said she hopes her experience serves as a "cautionary tale for all of us". This is stuff that, you know, really for everybody, you know, you think you can push through because you got a little cold.
Goldberg thanked the press, including TMZ, for keeping the details of her illness quiet and not chasing her down in the hospital.
Goldberg surprised Joy Behar, Ana Navarro, Meghan McCain, Abby Huntsman and Sunny Hostin on set during the taping of the show. And you think because you healed quick that something insane can't happen?
"She's not feeling well", Behar said at the time. "There was all kinds of stuff going on and, yes, I came very, very close to leaving the Earth". And the people who are saying "no" to you in insurance are not doctors. Who told them they could use that money when I wasn't using it?
"Ladies, I can not wait to see y'all", she added, addressing her fellow panelists. "I am, you know, I am not there yet - I know that".
The View airs weekdays at 11 a.m. ET on ABC.
- Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool are back where we belong
- Justin Bieber opens up about 'struggling a lot,' feeling disconnected
- Hallmark axes Lori Loughlin following college bribery arrest
- Aamir Khan CONFIRMS Leading The Forrest Gump Remake!
- Real Madrid to sign Porto's Militao in 50m euros deal
- Most Trump Medicare cuts would affect health providers - not seniors, analysis shows
- Chelsea boss Sarri: Dynamo Kiev pitch a disaster
- Students to join worldwide climate change protests
- MLB, MLBPA introduce sweeping rule changes for 2019 and 2020 baseball seasons
- USA stocks end mixed; Dow slips | newkerala.com #112641