Speaking in a briefing the vice president of Samsung's R&D group, Yang Byung-duk, described Samsung's plans to create a phone with a full-body display, with the camera and speaker under the screen.
In a bid to make the displays as large as possible on the smartphones we buy, manufacturers have removed the bezels, but replaced them with a notch. "We tried the technology for Galaxy's 10th-anniversary model and think the strategy worked as a result".
The Galaxy S10 represents the limits of smartphone design in 2019, but Samsung's plan is to eventually bury all of the sensors and cameras underneath the display, leaving nothing but a perfectly preserved screen. Apparently not as Samsung is now working to remove it by completely hiding front-facing cameras behind the display.
"Galaxy S10 is the only smartphone that has a hole in OLED display itself", Yang pointed out.
Chelsea boss Sarri: Dynamo Kiev pitch a disaster
Striker Gonzalo Higuain has not travelled due to illness while teenage winger Callum Hudson-Odoi is likely to start, Sarri added. The pitch is not good. "The pitch is not good and I think that it's really risky to play any football here".
Yang then went on to reveal that the Infinity-O Display on the Galaxy S10 is somewhat of a milestone for screen innovation, but the real objective is to create a full-screen experience, adding that Samsung is considering implementing its own version of Crystal Sound to make that a reality.
But like the notch, punch hole displays still represent a design compromise, and aren't exactly aesthetically pleasing.
Ultimately when the technology does arrive in phones, it will likely be accompanied the integration of other technologies such as speakers and fingerprint readers in the screen itself, making the dream of the all-screen phone finally a reality.
LG Electronics Inc. adopted a similar technology in its latest smartphone, G8 ThinQ.
- USA stocks end mixed; Dow slips | newkerala.com #112641
- Teddy Bridgewater reportedly staying with Saints
- Rockets fired from Gaza at Tel Aviv, explosions heard: Israeli military, witnesses
- Destin Daniel Cretton Marvel’s Choice To Direct ‘Shang-Chi’
- Lori Loughlin Released On $1 Million Bond Following Arrest!
- Most Trump Medicare cuts would affect health providers - not seniors, analysis shows
- New Avengers: Endgame trailer released with Captain Marvel joining the team
- Elon Musk's defense of his Tesla tweet will get SEC response
- Hallmark axes Lori Loughlin following college bribery arrest
- Arsenal's 2-goal Aubameyang explains mask mystery