The Oakland Raiders announced Friday they had signed Nelson, who played 14 games for the Cardinals last season. "If you watched Jordy play carefully the last four weeks when he's been healthy, you see what he's capable of doing".
Nelson's 64 yards from scrimmage past year were a career-low for him after he had 299, 568 and 508 in his first three seasons, respectively.
The Packers drafted Nelson in the second round of the 2008 NFL Draft out of Kansas State.
Dolphins reportedly re-signing DeVante Parker for 2 seasons
Last season Parker had a public dispute with then-head coach Adam Gase , which led to Gase sitting Parker for most of the season. Parker caught 24 passes for 309 yards and 1 touchdown on 47 targets in 11 games last season.
The additions of receiver Antonio Brown in a trade and Tyrell Williams in free agency seemingly made Nelson expendable. He spent his first nine seasons in the league with the franchise. He has 613 catches for 8,587 yards and 72 touchdowns in his career.
McCarron spent the 2018 season with the club and was active for all 16 contests, appearing in two and completing one-of-three pass attempts for eight yards. In addition to Nelson, veteran wideout Seth Roberts also could be shown the door by the Raiders, who are in full rebuild mode when it comes to the roster.
He joins Deone Bucannon, Markus Golden, Mike Iupati and Antoine Bethea as members of the 2018 Cardinals to have signed deals with new teams this offseason.
- Titans to sign former Dolphins DE Wake
- Paul Scholes resigns as Oldham manager after one month in charge
- Why signing Earl Thomas will save the Ravens’ defense in 2019
- Taylor Swift Jokes About New Music During Her iHeartRadio Music Awards Speech
- Lilly Singh: YouTuber lands USA talk show
- Huawei has developed own operating system for smartphones and PCs
- Apple announces WWDC 18 dates: June 3-7 in San Jose
- Vietnam urges Malaysia free 2nd woman in N. Korean killing
- Beto Announces 2020 Run
- Dolphins trade quarterback Ryan Tannehill to Tennessee