The Women's Grievance Cell of Kolkata police has filed a chargesheet against Indian pacer Mohammed Shami. In the chargesheet, Shami has been charged under sections 498A (dowry harassment) and 354A (sexual harassment).
The bitter spat between Shami and his estranged wife Hasin Jahan came out in open on March 7 past year after the latter posted screenshots of the Indian pacer's alleged affair on social media.
Shami, who is expected to lead India's pace attack in the upcoming cricket World Cup in England and Wales, has been locked in a protracted legal battle with Hasin Jahan since March 2018. The couple's bitter spat came into limelight on 7 March a year ago; however, Shami had said that all this was a conspiracy to ruin his career. The court has directed Kolkata Police to issue notices to the two accused to be present in court.
Queen Elizabeth II will create a new Household for Meghan and Harry
Meghan and Harry's baby will be seventh in line to the throne and the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh's eighth great-grandchild. It will coincide with the move of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to Frogmore Cottage in Windsor before their baby arrives.
On March 8, Hasin Jahan had lodged a formal police case against Shami and his brother at the Kolkata police headquarters in Lal Bazaar. Shami was given a Grade A central contract by BCCI and is among the strong contenders for India's squad for the 2019 World Cup. The BCCI later reinstated his central contract. "Also a notice will be served to the complainant on whether she wants to file a protest appeal against the names of three accused being dropped from the chargesheet".
Shami last played in the just-concluded One Day International series against Australia, where he picked five wickets in four matches.
- Microsoft is bringing Xbox Live to iOS and Android
- Spurs to discover Champions League quarter-final opponents
- Slack Rolls out Dark Mode for IOS, Android Users
- 6 dead, 31 injured as 'Kasab bridge' in Mumbai collapses
- Google's Lookout app aid blind people about environs
- Destin Daniel Cretton Marvel’s Choice To Direct ‘Shang-Chi’
- Sen. Cory Booker, Rosario Dawson are officially dating
- Hallmark axes Lori Loughlin following college bribery arrest
- Facebook loses two important executives amid new privacy push
- Tebow reassigned to Mets minor league camp