Also, the app won't give user the unnecessary information, but only tell them things that it thinks are important. The app also has a camera view for live recognition. It can identify the currencies as well.
In a blog post announcing the launch, Google points out that, once the app is started (which can be done by asking Google's Assistant to "start Lookout") there's no need to tap any further buttons. With it, blind or visually impaired users can have their smartphone identify objects or read text to them, using computer vision and Google Lens technologies.
Google uses its AI expertise to help the blind explore their surroundings
The app, which was first announced at Google's I/O developer conference a year ago, is now available to USA users with a Pixel device, although Google Accessibility Engineering product manager Patrick Clary said in a blog post that Google "hope [s] to bring Lookout to more devices, countries and platforms soon".
Although it will only work on Pixel devices in the USA at the moment Google are hoping to bring it to more devices, countries and platforms soon. They only have to make sure their Pixel's camera is facing out by holding their device, placing it in their shirt pocket or hanging it from a lanyard around their neck.
Google, a year ago at its I/O event had announced its new app called - Lookout for visually impaired. Individuals with a Pixel device in the USA can download Lookout on Google Play.
Note: The Pixel device should be updated to the Android 8.0 Oreo Operating System as the app is compatible with Android 8.0 Oreo or the above version of Google.
Golden Tate Agrees To Four-Year, $37.5M Deal With Giants
Tate is coming off a poor campaign in which he was dealt from Detroit to Philadelphia midway through the season. Tate caught 90-plus passes in four straight seasons for the Lions and earned a Pro Bowl nod in 2014.
- Hallmark axes Lori Loughlin following college bribery arrest
- USA stocks end mixed; Dow slips | newkerala.com #112641
- Lori Loughlin Released On $1 Million Bond Following Arrest!
- Students to join worldwide climate change protests
- Elon Musk's defense of his Tesla tweet will get SEC response
- Oil prices stable, supported by signs of emerging supply deficit
- House Votes 420-0 for Public Release of Mueller Report
- Confirmed! Alia, Ram Charan to feature in SS Rajamouli's next
- Slack Rolls out Dark Mode for IOS, Android Users
- Destin Daniel Cretton Marvel’s Choice To Direct ‘Shang-Chi’