So the unenviable job of replacing the best receiver in the National Football League goes to. It's a curious roster fit given that the Giants already have Sterling Shepard in the slot and lots of short-range receivers such as Saquon Barkley and Evan Engram. That was before receivers started raising the bar for contracts.
Tate caught 90-plus passes in four straight seasons for the Lions and earned a Pro Bowl nod in 2014.
Controversial Documentary on British Child’s Disappearance to Debut on Netflix on Friday
She had been left with her younger siblings while her parents, Kate and Gerry McCann , were out for dinner in a tapas restaurant. The girl in question was three years old when she disappeared from her bed in a Portuguese resort in 2007.
Giants general manager Dave Gettleman made a mistake throwing money around last offseason and most of his few free-agent signings, especially running back Jonathan Stewart and offensive guard Patrick Omameh, made little or no impact on the team.
The Lions discussed an extension with him a year ago but had numbers lower than he was looking for. He acknowledged that he was underpaid and wanted to do something about it.
Tate is coming off a poor campaign in which he was dealt from Detroit to Philadelphia midway through the season. His best season came in 2016 with the Patriots when he recorded 38 receptions for 680 yards and four touchdowns, adding an additional 17 receptions for 332 yards and two touchdowns in the playoffs. It's a position they could still look to address in the draft.
- These Are the Last Photos NASA's Opportunity Rover Took on Mars
- Subdued hiring climate for Red Deer in second quarter of 2019
- Aamir Khan CONFIRMS Leading The Forrest Gump Remake!
- Real Madrid to sign Porto's Militao in 50m euros deal
- 'Empire' actor Smollett pleads not guilty to lying about Chicago attack
- Conor McGregor faces charges in U.S. over 'altercation'
- Chelsea boss Sarri: Dynamo Kiev pitch a disaster
- United Kingdom to publish no-deal Brexit plans for Irish border
- Most Trump Medicare cuts would affect health providers - not seniors, analysis shows
- Facebook says outages due to 'server configuration change'