Per Deadline, Disney has locked in a March 20th closing date for the acquisition.
Disney on Tuesday announced a timetable for staging various components of the complicated deal, including financing and exchange offers. According to the report Disney made the announcement in a release, in which they revealed that they had received the final required approval from regulators in Mexico.
That new company will include the Fox Broadcast Network, Fox Sports, and Fox News Channel.
In addition, Disney is also receiving 21st Century Fox's investment in Hulu, giving them the majority stake in the streaming platform.
Disney's historic takeover of large parts of 21st Century Fox is expected to be complete next week.
Arsenal's 2-goal Aubameyang explains mask mystery
Arsenal's two goal Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang produced his spider mask during their Europa League triumph over Rennes . Arsenal are through to the next round of the Europa League after mounting a mighty comeback against Rennes .
Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN who offered $20 for 21st Century Fox but was turned down, sadly.
The process has taken almost two years to close.
On the downside, the merging of the two leading entertainment firms in Hollywood will lead to massive layoffs. Like with Brazil last month, the main sticking point was Disney's putative ownership of Fox Sports given the importance of soccer rights; the combination of Fox and Disney's ESPN was also viewed warily by regulators in the USA and Europe, with major agencies there requiring divestitures.
Disney has already said it would bring over several key Fox executives to run important operations, including Walt Disney Television.
- Hallmark axes Lori Loughlin following college bribery arrest
- Elon Musk's defense of his Tesla tweet will get SEC response
- Sen. Cory Booker, Rosario Dawson are officially dating
- Samsung’s ultimate goal is to create "perfect full-screen" phone
- Golden Tate Agrees To Four-Year, $37.5M Deal With Giants
- House Votes 420-0 for Public Release of Mueller Report
- Toyota boosts United States investments to $13B by 2021, adds about 600 jobs
- Spurs to discover Champions League quarter-final opponents
- Teddy Bridgewater reportedly staying with Saints
- Queen Elizabeth II will create a new Household for Meghan and Harry