The ban will only continue until March 30th, according to IBTimes.
Rajkot City Police explained in a tweet that the ban (issued by the Gujarat state government) was being enforced because the game - along with the Momo challenge (which has been debunked as little more than an urban legend) - encourages violence among young people who play it. In the procedure, they will be shown as immediately bailed out by police. "The case will go to the courts and there will be a trial for not following the notification issued", Rajkot Police Commissioner Manoj Agrawal told The Indian Express.
Police in Gujarat have not banned Fortnite, a popular rival to PUBG developed by US -based Epic Games.
Bhavnagar and Gir Somnath districts in Gujarat had also issued the notification for banning the mobile game.
"It has been learnt through different mediums that there is a rise in violent tendencies among children and youth because of PUBG game / MOMO challenge".
Mohammed Shami charged for dowry and sexual harassment by Kolkata police
Shami was given a Grade A central contract by BCCI and is among the strong contenders for India's squad for the 2019 World Cup. In the chargesheet, Shami has been charged under sections 498A (dowry harassment) and 354A (sexual harassment).
The police seized the mobile phones of the individuals for "the objective of investigation" and it has charged the arrested individuals under the Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code for violating the notification issued by Police Commissioner and Section 35 for playing PUBG despite ban Gujarat Police Act.
Three of the men were arrested on Wednesday, "Our team caught these youths red-handed".
PUBG Mobile is a raging success in India, raking in millions of players and revenue for the makers of the game.
After that report, another six people were arrested today - a group "undergraduate students and their young friends who are doing private jobs". The arrests were made after police checked the phones of the accused to see if the PUBG game was running and the cops also checked the history to nab the violators. "Keeping in mind public safety security and to maintain law and order, I hereby impose a ban on playing PUBG game/MOMO challenge", read the original notification.
- Destin Daniel Cretton Marvel’s Choice To Direct ‘Shang-Chi’
- Whoopi Goldberg returns to 'The View' after near-death illness
- Minnesota Dems Looking for Primary Challenger to Ilhan Omar
- Queen Elizabeth II will create a new Household for Meghan and Harry
- Mangled black box recovered from Ethiopian Airlines crash site
- Arsenal's 2-goal Aubameyang explains mask mystery
- Slack Rolls out Dark Mode for IOS, Android Users
- Spurs to discover Champions League quarter-final opponents
- Measles Misinformation Draws The Attention Of Canada's Chief Public Health Officer
- Closing Date Revealed For Mouse House's Fox Take