On March 10, people started posting dramatic before and after photos of their litter picking projects. The second is the socially conscious that doesn't always do what it's meant to do, like the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, which involved thousands of people dumping buckets of ice water on their heads without actually donating to the cause.
One wrote that:'Whoever came up with the #trashtag challenge is an absolute genius.
People are encouraging others to clean up litter with the #TrashTag challenge. Within a few days, the trend has caught on and people all over the world are enthusiastically participating in this clean-up.
There's never any shortage of viral challenges doing the rounds, but the latest social media craze is of a rather more worthy nature than usual.
Facebook, Instagram Down For Many Users Across The World
Facebook , Messenger, Instagram and Whatsapp appear to be suffering major problems, with many unable to access their sites. Facebook said its engineers were working to restore the platform and its other apps that the apparent outage affected.
It's unclear how long #Trashtag will thrive on social media, however, the viral movement has led to more outdoor spaces looking cleaner (and trash-free) around the globe. First year he ended up with 75 contractor bags full.
On Instagram alone, there are more than 28,000 posts under the #Trashtag hashtag.
A number of people also attached before-and-after photos that have inspired other internet users to do the same while cleaning up their environment.
Though the hashtag has existed since 2015, it only boomed in popularity earlier this month, when Byron Román shared his own post on social media. Have you taken part in #TrashTag or #TrashChallenge?
- Bomb cyclone looks like a beast from space
- California governor halts death penalty: 'I couldn't sleep'
- Restaurant app aims to help conservatives find 'safe' eateries
- Bolton: Trump would be 'disappointed' if North Korea launches missile test
- Brexit chaos: UK MPs reject Theresa May’s deal AGAIN
- Jalen Ramsey has amusing reaction to Landon Collins’ deal
- Brexit breakthrough as May secures win
- Everything About Jennifer Lopez And Alex Rodriguez's Beach Engagement Was Perfect
- Kyle Busch manages fuel and tires to perfection in latest NASCAR win
- Its Show Time: Apple’s Next Event To Take Place On 25 March