Van Dijk will be expected to retain his spot in the starting XI against the Cottagers and Johnson believes he has mastered the art of defending.
Sadio Mane claimed the headlines in the Allianz Arena with two goals, either side of Van Dijk's 69th-minute header, that helped Liverpool seal a 3-1 round-of-16 second-leg win against Bayern Munich, which clinched a place in Friday's quarterfinal draw.
"But the truth is that I don't think Bayern knew what they wanted to do".
The ex-England worldwide also praised Van Dijk for his assured style of play before admitting he would love to have played with the Dutchman.
Robert Lewandowski is one of the best strikers in the world but the Dutch defender made him look average throughout.
"But, to be fair, we did have top centre-halves at the time as well".
Justin Bieber opens up about 'struggling a lot,' feeling disconnected
The pop heartthrob, 25, said he been "struggling a lot" in the candid message, which he posted on Instagram . Her go-to essentials are "Bare Minerals' foundation stick, brow gel, some mascara, blush and highlighter".
It was also a display of muscle-flexing by City, Liverpool and Spurs that will have been noted by the likes of Barcelona and Juventus, the two continental heavyweights most likely to stand in the way of an English triumph in the final in Madrid on June 1.
"We tried to push Liverpool, but in offence it was two versus four players and that's why we didn't match them". He has brought the same defensive organisation, but with more time and space to use his ball-playing abilities, he has also enabled Liverpool to be more dynamic playing out from the back.
"You saw after the second goal how much quality they have", the Croatian said.
"Virgil gives organisation on set pieces, and he is unsafe", Klopp said with some understatement. "And we are strong there".
The result ended a run of five successive Champions League defeats - including the final last May - away from Anfield and maintained Klopp's record of never having lost any of the nine two-legged European ties he has overseen as Liverpool manager in Europe.
His statistics are even better when restricted to the Premier League with 17 shut-outs in 30 matches, which has allowed Klopp's side to take on Manchester City head-to-head as they trail the defending champions by just a point.
- Captain Marvel Joins The Fight Against Thanos In 'Avengers: Endgame' Trailer
- MLB, MLBPA introduce sweeping rule changes for 2019 and 2020 baseball seasons
- Most Trump Medicare cuts would affect health providers - not seniors, analysis shows
- Calgary Police Seek Information About Suspects in $145k Bitcoin ATM Scam
- Local public school board doesn't support cell phone ban
- Facebook, Instagram suffer outages
- 'Empire' actor Smollett pleads not guilty to lying about Chicago attack
- 'What If' Marvel Studios Animated Series In Development For Disney Plus
- New 'Avengers: Endgame' trailer features Captain Marvel
- Chelsea boss Sarri: Dynamo Kiev pitch a disaster