Facebook restored its services on Thursday after they went dark for many of its 2 billion users over a two-day period.
A spokesman for the social network said the company was cooperating with investigators in multiple federal probes, without addressing the grand jury inquiry specifically.
Facebook, the world's largest social network, had to turn to its rival Twitter to explain that its group of hugely popular apps were having difficulties.
The outages affected countless users and advertisers worldwide.
Media reports earlier said millions of users were affected, and thousands took to Twitter on Wednesday and Thursday to complain under the hashtag #facebookdown. At 12:41 a.m. ET, Instagram posted a tweet that said, "Anddddd... we're back" with a gif of Oprah Winfrey. Facebook's ad platform, Facebook Ad Manager, was also down. Facebook said it was working to resolve the issue but didn't announce the fix until Thursday.
People went on Twitter to vent their frustration about the problems. Twitter even made the subject into a Twitter Moment.
Eden Hazard Determined To Join Real Madrid Following Zidane Return
A section of Chelsea players have expressed their fear Eden Hazard may dump the club for a move to Real Madrid in the summer. Hazard, whose Chelsea contract expires next year, has made no secret of his desire to play for Real.
Facebook first publicly addressed the issue Wednesday afternoon, acknowledging in a tweet that "some people are now having trouble accessing the Facebook family of apps".
Facebook's shares fell almost 2 percent in morning trading on Thursday.
"We're aware that some people are now having trouble accessing the Facebook family of apps". "We've now resolved the issues and our systems are recovering".
"Yesterday, as a result of a server configuration change, many people had trouble accessing our apps and services".
This is clearly not a coincidence even if Durov did not explicitly refer to Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp.
- Bloody Sunday: Derry awaits decision on 1972 killings
- United Kingdom to publish no-deal Brexit plans for Irish border
- These Are the Last Photos NASA's Opportunity Rover Took on Mars
- Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool are back where we belong
- Pi world record calculation broken by Google employee Emma Haruka Iwao
- Subdued hiring climate for Red Deer in second quarter of 2019
- Local public school board doesn't support cell phone ban
- Confirmed! Alia, Ram Charan to feature in SS Rajamouli's next
- Most Trump Medicare cuts would affect health providers - not seniors, analysis shows
- Aamir Khan CONFIRMS Leading The Forrest Gump Remake!