However, the club are considering an official complaint to UEFA after training on the pitch at the Olympic Stadium in Kiev on Wednesday night.
"The pitch is not good", Sarri, 60, said.
This is Maurizio Sarri's only chance of silverware in his first year at Stamford Bridge, as they are out of the running for the Premier League, FA Cup and recently lost in the Carabao Cup final. The pitch is not good. "The pitch is not good and I think that it's really risky to play any football here". It's a problem for us, but also for our opponents.I don't know the reason: probably the winter.
"I don't know the reason, probably winter, because I played here two years ago and the pitch was wonderful (but it is now) very, very unsafe". "It's really very risky for injuries", Sarri told reporters. Sometimes that's not possible and you get injuries'.
Tottenham and Manchester City will become familiar foes
Questions have been asked about Sarri's lack of flexibility in his tactics, but Willian backed the Chelsea coach's use of Jorginho.
Lampard has urged the England Under-19s worldwide to make the most of his opportunities when they arrive, telling talkSPORT: "Firstly, I'd love him to stay at Chelsea". Eden is one of the best in the world.
Hudson Odoi also revealed the loudest and quietest players in the Chelsea FC dressing room.
Man uses mobile phone as shield in alleged bow and arrow attack
An Australian man used his smartphone as a shield to block an arrow that was sacked at him during a skirmish, according to police. He got out his vehicle and tried to take a picture of the man who then allegedly fired an arrow at him.
- Captain Marvel Joins The Fight Against Thanos In 'Avengers: Endgame' Trailer
- Bloody Sunday: Derry awaits decision on 1972 killings
- Conor McGregor faces charges in U.S. over 'altercation'
- Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool are back where we belong
- Judge refuses to lower R. Kelly's child support payments
- United Kingdom to publish no-deal Brexit plans for Irish border
- Watch Phoenix Cup Race Online, On TV
- Facebook, Instagram suffer outages
- Eden Hazard Determined To Join Real Madrid Following Zidane Return
- Powerball numbers: Did you win Wednesday's $448 million lottery jackpot?