Instead of both the players, replacing David Warner for Sunrisers in the IPL previous year, England's explosive batsman Alex Hales and Steve Smith for Rajasthan were replaced by South African wicketkeeper batsman Heinrich Klassen.
The opener, along with former captain Steve Smith and opener Cameron Bancroft, faced a one-year ban for their involvement in the ball-tampering saga in the Test match against South Africa.
Steve Smith and David Warner will have to find form in the Indian Premier League to win places in Australia's squad for the World Cup after being left out of the final warmup series against Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates. "They are going to come out and destroy attacks and I back David Warner to be the player of the World Cup", said Warne.
Warner will feature in the Indian Premier League which begins March 23 and Hughes said it'll be good for his fitness and will test where he is at as a batsman.
Starc had already been ruled out of the ongoing ODI series in India, which Aaron Finch-captained Australia now trail 2-0 ahead of the third match in Ranchi later yesterday.
"I think what you are going to see is a pretty quiet David Warner and Steve Smith". The duo will be pivotal for Australia on their bid to defend the World Cup title in England and Wales.
A Time Change: Trump Backs Permanent Daylight Saving
This change would keep clocks moved up an hour all year, rather than having to go forward and back. It appears President Donald Trump would be fine with a permanent Daylight Saving Time.
"Warner overstepped the line a lot in his early career".
The Australian Cricket board stated, "Both these players are important for the forthcoming World Cup and they will be trained well for the cup".
Warne, who was banned for a year just before the 2003 World Cup due to a positive drug test, said that one isn't concerned about anything after taking a year off from the game.
"Sometimes having an enforced lay off - like I'm used to, I had 12 months off myself - what that means is you become really fresh", he told Fox Sports. The next four years were the best I ever had. I was hungry for the game.
Three-time World Cup victor Ricky Ponting believes Australia are "absolutely" capable of taking out the title in 2019 with Smith and Warner back at the helm. "My body and mind were fresh and it is awesome how excited you are to play again", cricket.com.au quoted Warne as saying to the Telegraph.
- Apple Announces Services Event for March 25
- Cristiano Ronaldo believes he'll score a hat-trick to eliminate Atletico Madrid
- As blackout eases, Venezuela braces for rival rallies
- Honda expected to recall an estimated one million older-model cars
- India captain Kohli slams inconsistent DRS after Australia defeat
- Buffalo Bills set to sign free agent WR John Brown
- Cardinal George Pell Sentenced To Six Years In Prison
- Lori Loughlin, Felicity Huffman among dozens charged over United States college bribery scheme
- James Corden pulls the ultimate prank on David Beckham
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Molinari wins 3rd PGA event