You can still save your Allo chats before the service is put to rest.
Search engine giant Google has said that now you can delete your conversation history in Hangout chat.
The most recent release of Allo, version 27, added an export feature so you can grab your chats and stash them safely for posterity. "These deletions apply to 1:1 conversations between classic Hangouts and Hangouts Chat in both directions", Google said in its blog.
Allo was the world's introduction to Google Assistant, and it seems that while the Assistant was destined for (far) greater things, Allo itself flew too close to the flame, and today that flame is extinguished. After opening the Allo app, head over to Menu and then tap on Settings.
Export messages from chats: This only includes message text, not photos or videos. All of your messages will be completely deleted, though conversations you've had with Google Assistant will remain stored on Google's servers (you can delete them if you wish). You can install the app on your current phone, restore the backup (as long as you have the same mobile number), and then follow the steps mentioned above.
Gmail users around the world unable to send emails
So far, about 47 per cent of the complaints are difficulty in sending emails. "Check your network and try again". Many users reported that they were greeted with a Black screen when they tried using the Street View feature.
It's time to say goodbye to Allo!
Your messages will be in a CSV file.
Google never really made the case for why people should move to Allo, and consumers the world over didn't sit around waiting for it. At the end of 2018, Google confirmed Allo would shut down after it failed to gain traction.
Your media attachments will be in a zip file.
- What's next for Brexit after PM May's latest defeat?
- Priyanka Chopra gets a Maybach from ‘best husband ever’ Nick Jonas
- A 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Sequel Is Apparently Very Much On The Cards
- PM Theresa May faces challenge despite securing key Brexit changes
- New Zealand PM Ardern backs students striking for climate action
- Welsh Tory MPs fear general election after Brexit deal loss
- Italy changes laws over unvaccinated children attending school
- Hollywood actresses among dozens indicted in $25m U.S. college scam
- U.S., Taliban talks end for now without Afghan peace deal
- Apple Announces Services Event for March 25