Zoia made a brief court appearance on Wednesday afternoon and was released on C$2,000 (US$1,500) bail and ordered to live with her mother. It is not believed anybody was injured by the chair.
Leslie said the police are continuing their investigation into the incident.
Police said the woman was wanted for mischief - endanger life.
On Monday, a video began circulating on social media that appears to show a woman dressed in black trousers, a black leather coat and black high heels tossing the chair over the balcony, which is several storeys high.
According to the Toronto Police, 19-year-old Marcella Zoia of Toronto will be charged with mischief endangering life, mischief destroying or damaging property under $5,000, and common nuisance.
Richard Gere, 69, wife welcome baby boy
In the photo, which has since been removed from Instagram, the Hollywood couple can be seen taking blessings from the Dalai Lama. This is the first child for the couple but they both have children from previous relationships.
Col. David Hopkinson, the spokesman of the Toronto Police Service, said no one was injured in the incident.
A flurry of emails, calls, and other information came through shortly after the video was published, helping police determine who the woman was.
One resident of the building from which the chair was thrown said she was angry when she learned what happened.
Police told CTV Toronto Tuesday that they had been in contact with "either the perpetrator herself or her representative" and were discussing arrangements for the woman to surrender.
Airbnb responded in a statement.
Leslie said Zoia understands the public outrage. Mayor John Tory told the media that the suspect's actions demonstrated "idiotic behavior". "We are investigating whether any Airbnb guests were involved and we will be suspending any guest accounts that appear to be connected to this incident". It was grossly irresponsible behavior that could have caused serious injury and death'.
- Red Bull unveil their first Honda-powered car
- Reddit raises $300 million in finance round led by China's Tencent
- Equine flu confirmed at elite private school as outbreak spreads
- Defense Intelligence Agency report aims to educate public on space security
- Trump Installs $50000 Golf Simulator in the White House
- Apple accused over app for Saudi men to track wives
- Big For Israel: Netanyahu Praises 'Excellent Meeting' With Omani Foreign Minister
- At least 41 killed in Iran bombing on Revolutionary Guard personnel bus
- Ravens to trade Flacco to Broncos
- NASA officially says goodbye to its Mars rover, Opportunity