The tournament coincided with the Copa del Rey and he thought that he was going to get some of the opportunities he needed, to prove his worth and since then he played in each and every Real Madrid game, having started the last six.
Although his team now look well in control of the tie ahead of the return at the Bernabeu on Tuesday March 5, Solari said he was taking nothing for granted yet.
Their form domestically has also dipped since they resumed after the winter break, with Erik ten Hag's team losing 6-2 at rivals Feyenoord last month. We did, but you have to be more ruthless.
"I did not see offside and couldn't see a foul on the keeper", he said.
Former Liverpool FC and Real Madrid star Owen believes that the stage is set for an open game on Wednesday night between the two sides.
Richard Gere, 69, wife welcome baby boy
In the photo, which has since been removed from Instagram, the Hollywood couple can be seen taking blessings from the Dalai Lama. This is the first child for the couple but they both have children from previous relationships.
Benzema was not to be denied on the hour mark as the Frenchman rifled the ball into the top corner after some brilliant work by Vinicius Junior in the build-up.
Madrid's lead lasted 15 minutes before David Neres crossed from the left and substitute Dolberg let the ball run to Ziyech, who shot low under Courtois. But it started confidently and Tadic almost gave Ajax the lead, his 26th-minute shot hitting the post after beating Courtois.
Real forward Karim Benzema, center, celebrates with his teammates after scoring his side's opening goal during the first leg, round of sixteen, Champions League soccer match between Ajax and Real Madrid at the Johan Cruyff ArenA in Amsterdam, Netherlands, Wednesday Feb. 13, 2019.
Tagliafico took advantage of a Thibaut Courtois error to give his side the lead against Real Madrid in the first leg of their knockout match.
Real Madrid advanced to the Round of 16 after finishing first in Group G, while Ajax advanced to the Round of 16 after finishing second in Group E.
Real coach Santiago Solari, whose predecessors Zinedine Zidane and Julen Lopetegui both used young players only when they had to, has made youth his first choice since being tasked with rejuvenating his team in November.
- Dua Lipa very subtly calls out Grammy President in her acceptance speech
- Joe Root's retort was natural, organic and rather wonderful
- Compare Mercedes' new W10 and last year's vehicle
- Bebe Rexha Stuns In Monsoori Dress At 2019 Grammys: See The Look
- Ex-Air Force officer accused of spying slammed U.S. for Islam 'propaganda'
- Dortmund's flight delayed as Jadon Sancho forgets his passport
- Williams unveils new title sponsor and striking livery for FW42
- NY murder: Venezuela man arrested after woman found in suitcase
- Customers unable to access accounts as Lloyds online banking suffer outage
- Diana Ross gives emotional Grammys performance