And in 2015, Red Bull's winter look was even more radical, the team initially running their new auto on track in a camouflage livery in a bid to hide its aerodynamic secrets.
Red Bull will begin the campaign, which starts in Australia on March 14-17, without Renault power for the first time in 13 years as Honda step up into the limelight after a development season with Toro Rosso. The livery will only be used for launch day, meaning that fans will have to wait to see what the actual livery for 2019 will look like.
Both drivers are at Silverstone today for the first run of the new vehicle.
"After my first run, I was smiling - very happy with how the vehicle was behaving plus the engine as well".
Australian Daniel Ricciardo has left Red Bull to join Renault with Verstappen, who finished fourth in the drivers' standings a year ago, to be partnered by young Frenchman Pierre Gasly.
Defense Intelligence Agency report aims to educate public on space security
Space is the enabling domain for many capabilities, from hand-held devices to precision navigation. One threat is a result of the successes in space.
The team is hopeful a switch to Honda will yield more consistent results.
"I am very excited to get started as the off-season has been quite long", said Verstappen, 21. "The first time was in Super Formula, so I went to Japan a lot, spent time in the country to learn the culture, to learn the way they communicate, the way they work and it's really different than what we have in Europe so you really need to adapt yourself to the culture and understand how things work there if you want to extract the best from the people". "We're all very positive, but it also needs to take a bit of time". Now we can go testing properly, we'll see what we can get out of that and we'll be able to understand the vehicle and the engine a bit better.
Red Bull's new auto was unveiled on the same day as defending champions Mercedes, who the team will hope they can wrestle both championships off in the upcoming season. I am optimistic, but also realistic and only time will tell as to how we will get on.
The Honda-powered RB15 turned its first laps during a shakedown at Silverstone on Wednesday.
- Son hails Spurs' strength in depth after downing Dortmund
- Dua Lipa very subtly calls out Grammy President in her acceptance speech
- Meghan Markle Is Glowing in Latest Outing With Prince Harry
- Georgia rises in recruiting rankings after adding Anthony Edwards
- Gary Neville praises PSG performance and rates Man Utd's chance of progressing
- Williams unveils new title sponsor and striking livery for FW42
- Big For Israel: Netanyahu Praises 'Excellent Meeting' With Omani Foreign Minister
- NASA set up permanent moon base
- Joe Root's retort was natural, organic and rather wonderful
- At least 41 killed in Iran bombing on Revolutionary Guard personnel bus