Thomas shared the letter with Daily Mail after friends of his daughter spoke with People about it, saying the Duchess had reached out to her father to try and heal the rift only to be asked for a photo shoot with Prince Harry.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry stepped out for a gala night for a new play that heralds a cause close to their hearts on Tuesday. (AAP) Meghan has faced eghan has also faced intense interest from the United Kingdom press since her relationship with Prince Harry was revealed.
Clooney told reporters at a Television Critics Association conference in Pasadena, California that Meghan is "a woman who is seven months pregnant and she has been pursued and vilified and chased in the same way that Diana was and it's history repeating itself".
He continued, "We've seen how that ends".
Dua Lipa very subtly calls out Grammy President in her acceptance speech
Her friends and family cheered on the star as she shouted and danced upon hearing the impressive news. The awards for Record and Album of the Year have yet to be revealed.
According to Vanity Fair, his releasing the letter has only made things even worse, and that tension is being felt throughout Kensington and Buckingham palaces.
The father of two went as far as to compare the paparazzi obsession with Markle to that of Princess Diana. She died in a auto accident in 1997 after the driver of her vehicle attempted to shake off pursuing photographers.
The media's treatment of Markle has not been unlike what Diana experienced, as Clooney noted.
The "Money Monster" star laughed off suggestions he could be a godfather to Meghan and Harry's baby. She wrote: "You fixated and clicked on the lies they were writing about me, especially those manufactured by your other daughter, who I barely know. It's irresponsible. I'm sort of surprised by that".
The letter received widespread coverage in Britain, with The Mirror newspaper consulting a handwriting expert to claim that the Duchess's writing reveals her to be "emotionally insecure and self-pitying".
Last week, five unnamed people from Meghan's inner-circle opened up, wanting to "speak the truth" about the 37-year-old, after months of negative press and attacks on social media.
- Compare Mercedes' new W10 and last year's vehicle
- ‘Frozen 2’ Teaser: Disney Unveils First Look At Sequel
- Game Of Thrones Cat Ser Pounce Has Been Brutally Killed Off
- Bebe Rexha Stuns In Monsoori Dress At 2019 Grammys: See The Look
- Frozen 2 trailer drops and things look unsafe for Elsa and Anna
- Ravens to trade Flacco to Broncos
- Bill Cosby is having an 'amazing' time in prison
- UK Pitches 'Global Britain' by Flexing Military Muscle: Defense Minister
- Michelle Obama's Grammys Text Message Chat With Her Mom Is The Sweetest
- Richard Gere, 69, wife welcome baby boy