Thomas shared the letter with Daily Mail after friends of his daughter spoke with People about it, saying the Duchess had reached out to her father to try and heal the rift only to be asked for a photo shoot with Prince Harry.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry stepped out for a gala night for a new play that heralds a cause close to their hearts on Tuesday. (AAP) Meghan has faced eghan has also faced intense interest from the United Kingdom press since her relationship with Prince Harry was revealed.
Clooney told reporters at a Television Critics Association conference in Pasadena, California that Meghan is "a woman who is seven months pregnant and she has been pursued and vilified and chased in the same way that Diana was and it's history repeating itself".
He continued, "We've seen how that ends".
PSG serve Solskjaer a stark lesson
So we should have a good performance to reach the objective". 'But this is football. "We are working hard for it". FA Cup is a competition that we lost the final past year (when) deserving to win, in my opinion.
According to Vanity Fair, his releasing the letter has only made things even worse, and that tension is being felt throughout Kensington and Buckingham palaces.
The father of two went as far as to compare the paparazzi obsession with Markle to that of Princess Diana. She died in a auto accident in 1997 after the driver of her vehicle attempted to shake off pursuing photographers.
The media's treatment of Markle has not been unlike what Diana experienced, as Clooney noted.
The "Money Monster" star laughed off suggestions he could be a godfather to Meghan and Harry's baby. She wrote: "You fixated and clicked on the lies they were writing about me, especially those manufactured by your other daughter, who I barely know. It's irresponsible. I'm sort of surprised by that".
The letter received widespread coverage in Britain, with The Mirror newspaper consulting a handwriting expert to claim that the Duchess's writing reveals her to be "emotionally insecure and self-pitying".
Last week, five unnamed people from Meghan's inner-circle opened up, wanting to "speak the truth" about the 37-year-old, after months of negative press and attacks on social media.
- Bill Cosby is having an 'amazing' time in prison
- OPEC cuts 2019 oil demand forecast on global slowdown
- Ravens to trade Flacco to Broncos
- Joe Root's retort was natural, organic and rather wonderful
- Dua Lipa very subtly calls out Grammy President in her acceptance speech
- NY murder: Venezuela man arrested after woman found in suitcase
- Richard Gere, 69, wife welcome baby boy
- Chris Grayling incompetence over scrapped ferries contract is ‘off the scale’
- UK Pitches 'Global Britain' by Flexing Military Muscle: Defense Minister
- Customers unable to access accounts as Lloyds online banking suffer outage