The initial surgery, a debridement and fix of a Haglund's deformity and a chronic Achilles tendon injury in his left heel, was supposed to keep him out six to eight months.
Wall was recovering from heel surgery he underwent in December and had an infection on the initial incision from the procedure. He missed two months after knee surgery last season, and had double knee surgery in 2016. Wall was already due to miss the rest of this season after heel surgery.
The rupture was discovered when Wall had a procedure to have his infection cleaned out. Now, Wall will need another surgery to fix it which will make him miss the next 12 months of action, according to ESPN.
What sort of return can they get for a point guard that won't play until mid-February?
Georgia rises in recruiting rankings after adding Anthony Edwards
He says his decision was influenced by "everybody showing love" on his unofficial visit at a Georgia game. Shooting guard Anthony Edwards of Atlanta, Georgia has made a decision to stay in his home state.
Is John Wall coming back worth waiting most of the season?
"He's overcome a lot of hard obstacles in his life, [and you can] just add this to the list". "Like I said, there's no doubt in my mind he'll overcome this".
The previous heel injury had an estimated recovery timetable of 6-8 months, which meant Wall would likely be ready for the start of the 2019-20 season.
- Reddit raises $300 million in finance round led by China's Tencent
- Justin Bieber seeking treatment for depression
- Trump Installs $50000 Golf Simulator in the White House
- NASA set up permanent moon base
- Compare Mercedes' new W10 and last year's vehicle
- NASA officially says goodbye to its Mars rover, Opportunity
- Richard Gere, 69, wife welcome baby boy
- Kanter signs with Trail Blazers
- Video of woman in Canada throwing chairs from 45th floor sparks outrage
- Red Bull unveil their first Honda-powered car