The initial surgery, a debridement and fix of a Haglund's deformity and a chronic Achilles tendon injury in his left heel, was supposed to keep him out six to eight months.
Wall was recovering from heel surgery he underwent in December and had an infection on the initial incision from the procedure. He missed two months after knee surgery last season, and had double knee surgery in 2016. Wall was already due to miss the rest of this season after heel surgery.
The rupture was discovered when Wall had a procedure to have his infection cleaned out. Now, Wall will need another surgery to fix it which will make him miss the next 12 months of action, according to ESPN.
What sort of return can they get for a point guard that won't play until mid-February?
Richard Gere, 69, wife welcome baby boy
In the photo, which has since been removed from Instagram, the Hollywood couple can be seen taking blessings from the Dalai Lama. This is the first child for the couple but they both have children from previous relationships.
Is John Wall coming back worth waiting most of the season?
"He's overcome a lot of hard obstacles in his life, [and you can] just add this to the list". "Like I said, there's no doubt in my mind he'll overcome this".
The previous heel injury had an estimated recovery timetable of 6-8 months, which meant Wall would likely be ready for the start of the 2019-20 season.
- Justin Bieber seeking treatment for depression
- Son hails Spurs' strength in depth after downing Dortmund
- Meghan Markle Is Glowing in Latest Outing With Prince Harry
- At least 41 killed in Iran bombing on Revolutionary Guard personnel bus
- Breaking Bad movie is a direct sequel, to premiere on Netflix
- Reddit raises $300 million in finance round led by China's Tencent
- Defense Intelligence Agency report aims to educate public on space security
- Diana Ross gives emotional Grammys performance
- Compare Mercedes' new W10 and last year's vehicle
- Equine flu confirmed at elite private school as outbreak spreads