In a report published last December, Android Police's David Ruddock wrote that Google would launch the two phones via USA carrier Verizon in the spring of 2019. It'll be priced under Apple's entry-level iPhone of the moment, the iPhone XR.
The news comes from Nikkei Asian Review, which says that Google plans to unveil its first lower-priced smartphone this year "as part of an aggressive push into hardware that it hopes will draw more users into its ecosystem", according to sources. Google is going to launch the cheaper Google Pixel 3 Lite for the price-sensitive customers.
Interestingly, the second-place victor is the Google Pixel 3 XL Lite, with 26 percent of the vote.
John Wall To Miss 12 Months Due To Ruptured Achilles
Wall was recovering from heel surgery he underwent in December and had an infection on the initial incision from the procedure. Now, Wall will need another surgery to fix it which will make him miss the next 12 months of action, according to ESPN .
Finally, Strategy Analytics declared the Pixel 3 in particular is "starting to resonate" with United States customers that are "searching for something new, such as eSIM connectivity or AI". It is rumoured to host a 5.6 inch IPS Full HD+ display.
Since the flagship version of the vanilla Google Pixel 3 came in third place - but at 25 percent of the vote, which is not far at all from the second place victor - we can also assume that those of you who want a smaller phone aren't ready to give up flagship features to get it.
The company is also apparently planning to launch the new Pixel Watch later this year, which would make sense considering Google just recently spent $40 million on Fossil's smartwatch tech. Google has plans to announce some other smart products. When not on sale, the Pixel 3 starts at $999 CAD. The new Pixel 3 Lite line will reportedly undercut the iPhone Xr in terms of pricing. Although Google has been introducing new Home-branded products over the years, the company is going to be updating the regular Google Home speaker later this year after a long time. The latest Google hardware also includes new wearables and Home smart speakers. While we've figured Google had some first-party smartwatch in the works since a job listing went up last week, Nikkei's report seems to indicate there's more than one on the way, or at least being worked on. According to a Nikkei report, the smartphone will help the company its hardware portfolio.
- Meghan Markle Is Glowing in Latest Outing With Prince Harry
- Georgia rises in recruiting rankings after adding Anthony Edwards
- Defense Intelligence Agency report aims to educate public on space security
- Breaking Bad movie is a direct sequel, to premiere on Netflix
- NASA officially says goodbye to its Mars rover, Opportunity
- Video of woman in Canada throwing chairs from 45th floor sparks outrage
- Ravens to trade Flacco to Broncos
- Reddit raises $300 million in finance round led by China's Tencent
- Compare Mercedes' new W10 and last year's vehicle
- At least 41 killed in Iran bombing on Revolutionary Guard personnel bus