The Democratic governor told reporters on Monday that he'll urge the president to reconsider a provision in the recent tax overhaul that sharply limits a federal deduction for state and local taxes.
Cuomo said the cap is prompting wealthy residents to flee NY and contributing to a recent drop of more than $2 billion in tax receipts. The two leaders also discussed "the positive impacts of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on the American economy, and the President listened to the Governor's concerns regarding SALT".
Under New York's progressive income tax system, 1 percent of the top earners provide almost half the state's income tax revenues.
"For the first time ever, half of New Yorkers view Andrew Cuomo unfavorably".
Refreshed Mitsubishi ASX revealed! SUV gains a new face…
Inside, the company says its smartphone-link display audio system has been improved, now offering "more advanced" connectivity. The center console is a bit more rectilinear, and the 7-inch infotainment screen has been swapped out in favor of an 8-incher.
The Democratic governor's approval rating fell by a remarkable 8 percentage points in just one month, from 51 percent to 43 percent, according to the Siena College poll. "Yes, I understand their religious view", he said.
Deere continued "the President discussed economic growth opportunities for the State of NY, including helping lower energy prices throughout the entire Northeast by allowing low-cost, American energy to thrive with fracking and pipeline systems".
"Just before Schumer became U.S. Senate Minority Leader, he had a 67-23 percent favorability and was far and away the most popular NY pol". The Albany-area polling institute said that the governor's popularity is at its lowest point ever since Cuomo took office in 2011.
"It's ironic that the same Democrats who criticized the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for supposedly benefiting only the wealthy are now advocating for a change to the law that would primarily benefit the wealthy", Zona said.
- Johnson triggers wreck, then wins Clash at Daytona
- Seven mumps cases confirmed at Houston ICE detention facility
- Thunder complete largest comeback in team history to beat Rockets
- Michael Jordan: Six championships harder than streaks
- McConnell: Yes, We'll Be Voting on the Green New Deal
- Major League Baseball rumors: Bryce Harper won't sign short-term deal with Giants, anyone else
- All schools closed in Ottawa on Wednesday
- US Navy warships sail in South China Sea near contested manmade island
- Scott Morrison reopens Christmas Island detention centre
- Ashleigh Barty dominates for Australia in Fed Cup win over United States