The Democratic governor told reporters on Monday that he'll urge the president to reconsider a provision in the recent tax overhaul that sharply limits a federal deduction for state and local taxes.
Cuomo said the cap is prompting wealthy residents to flee NY and contributing to a recent drop of more than $2 billion in tax receipts. The two leaders also discussed "the positive impacts of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on the American economy, and the President listened to the Governor's concerns regarding SALT".
Under New York's progressive income tax system, 1 percent of the top earners provide almost half the state's income tax revenues.
"For the first time ever, half of New Yorkers view Andrew Cuomo unfavorably".
Author Cliff Sims: Suing Trump to Fight Being 'Bullied'
Sims in a manner that would otherwise be unavailable under existing First Amendment case law". The Times reports that the lawsuit accuses Trump of using his campaign to punish him.
The Democratic governor's approval rating fell by a remarkable 8 percentage points in just one month, from 51 percent to 43 percent, according to the Siena College poll. "Yes, I understand their religious view", he said.
Deere continued "the President discussed economic growth opportunities for the State of NY, including helping lower energy prices throughout the entire Northeast by allowing low-cost, American energy to thrive with fracking and pipeline systems".
"Just before Schumer became U.S. Senate Minority Leader, he had a 67-23 percent favorability and was far and away the most popular NY pol". The Albany-area polling institute said that the governor's popularity is at its lowest point ever since Cuomo took office in 2011.
"It's ironic that the same Democrats who criticized the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for supposedly benefiting only the wealthy are now advocating for a change to the law that would primarily benefit the wealthy", Zona said.
- Nissan cuts outlook and books Ghosn charges
- Rich the Kid and Usher involved in armed robbery at recording studio
- IPhone Sales in China Plunged 20 Percent Last Quarter: IDC
- India set to rotate World Cup certainties during Australia ODIs
- All schools closed in Ottawa on Wednesday
- Refreshed Mitsubishi ASX revealed! SUV gains a new face…
- Savage to be Released from ICE on Bond
- Remarkable Russell Westbrook sets NBA record with 10th-straight triple-double
- Johnson triggers wreck, then wins Clash at Daytona
- Jennifer Lopez Passionately Rejects Grammy Motown Backlash