Charlotte Hornets owner Michael Jordan offered that James Harden's streak of 30 straight 30-point games and Russell Westbrook's 10 straight triple-doubles are both equally impressive and tough to accomplish.
National Basketball Association legend Jordan spoke to reporters in Charlotte ahead of the All-Star Break, less than 24 hours after Harden and Westbrook had both reached significant milestones. Harden's streak is the longest since the NBA-ABA merger in 1976-77, though Chamberlain holds the all-time record with 65 consecutive 30-point games during the 1961-62 season. "Six championships, by all means".
"It shows progression in the league", Jordan said during an interview at his Hornets facility while discussing the upcoming All-Star weekend.
"They're both hard", Jordan said.
Thousands evacuated after New Zealand wildfire
The blaze is thought to be the worst forest fire in New Zealand since 1955. Authorities believe the fire was started by sparks from farm equipment.
Harden notched his 30th straight 30-point game in Houston's defeat of the Dallas Mavericks on Monday, becoming only the second player after Wilt Chamberlain to achieve the feat. And his answer reminded everyone in attendance why Jordan is The GOAT of the National Basketball Association.
All joking aside, Jordan lauded the players for their accomplishments and said it shows how much talent the National Basketball Association has.
Both players will be in Charlotte this weekend for the All-Star game.
"I'm very proud of how both guys have done", Jordan said, as transcribed by ForTheWin, "because they're making their mark for the league, and I really think it really helps grow the league".
- Fed Cup: Romania upset Czech Republic, Australia beats USA
- Texans to release veteran WR Demaryius Thomas
- Refreshed Mitsubishi ASX revealed! SUV gains a new face…
- Former astronaut Mark Kelly announces run for US Senate
- Aurora Cannabis Reports Rising Revenue, Prices Falling As Cost To Produce Rises
- Bezos probe concludes mistress’s brother leaked intimate text messages
- Toro Rosso aiming higher with new car and drivers
- Jennifer Lopez Passionately Rejects Grammy Motown Backlash
- Rich the Kid and Usher involved in armed robbery at recording studio
- Fortnite rival Apex Legends hits 25M users in just one week