Angel Di Maria had the last laugh on his return to Old Trafford as he inspired Paris Saint-Germain to a 2-0 win over Manchester United while being the subject of abuse and anger from the home supporters.
We highlighted earlier that DI MARIA would return to Old Trafford and he played like he had a point to prove. The injuries to Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard towards the end of the first half necessitated a change in formation after the interval, with Pogba drifting further forward and into a central position, alongside substitutes Alexis Sanchez and Juan Mata in playing just behind frontman Marcus Rashford.
Di Maria was clearly fired up and utilised his limited grasp of English to taunt the Old Trafford crowd during the celebrations.
On Tuesday, Di Maria was shoved into a fence by Ashley Young, hurting his arm in the process.
Young's shoulder barge on Di Maria into the hoardings was definitely careless and using excessive force, and under this language he should have been shown a second yellow card.
The Paris Saint-Germain player and former teammate was seeing a ball off the sideline as Young made a decision to contest it with him, with no real attempt to get a foot to the ball.
Can Solskjaer inspire Manchester United to another Champions League comeback?
The manager said, "It looked like the game we thought it was going to be. If you tease him it doesn't make him weaker, of course'. That's a big blow because he's been fantastic for us".
"He can count himself fortunate not to have been sent off last night". Shoulder-to-shoulder challenges may be allowed but when Young made contact, the ball had gone.
"There was no way either player was going to win it".
"Although VAR was in action last night, Orsato was not able to review this incident as second yellow cards can not be checked".
Other spectators thought the right-back should not be praised for a reckless foul. Young knows that the touchline at Old Trafford slopes away and could have injured his opponent.
"There was nothing to be gained in this situation". It wasn't the best period of my career, or they didn't let me have my best time there.
Have your say below.
- Donald Trump open to China trade deadline extension
- You Can Buy Google Fi SIM Cards at Best Buy Now
- Plea to Thieves: Please Water the $90K Bonsai
- Next OnePlus smartphone to bring 5G, optimisation for PUBG-like games
- Medivac bill passes in the House of Representatives and Senate
- Taylor Swift & Joe Alwyn Hold Hands After BAFTAs 2019!
- New York Gov. Cuomo to urge Trump to rethink tax changes
- Another black panther spotted in Laikipia
- Jail nurse accused of poisoning husband reportedly wanted to marry inmate
- Toronto Maple Leafs linked with Hurricanes’ Micheal Ferland