On Dec. 11, 2018, authorities in Iberia, Miss., responded to calls of a house fire and discovered the body of Murray's husband inside of the residence, local ABC affiliate KMIZ reports.
Fire marshals determined that the blaze originated inside the master bedroom and that an accelerant was used to start the inferno, according to the Miller County Sheriff's Office.
According to the documents, in recorded phone conversations Murray told the inmate, Eugene Claypool, 40, she didn't want to be married to her husband anymore and she could marry Claypool because her husband was dead and "out of the picture", Fox 22 reported.
In recorded phone calls at the facility, Murray told the inmate she wanted to divorce her husband.
Donald Trump open to China trade deadline extension
China's foreign ministry struck a confident tone yesterday as a junior delegation of American negotiators arrived in Beijing. The operation was conducted to demonstrate that the U.S.
While looking into the arson case, investigators learned that Amy was a nurse at the Jefferson City Correctional Center and was allegedly having an affair with an inmate.
Police said the pair talked of being married and in one conversation, Amy said they could be Wednesday because her husband was dead and "out of the picture", KMIZ-TV reported.
Murray reported finding the home ablaze when she returned from taking the couple's 11-year-old son and two dogs to a McDonald's, a Miller County sheriff's detective wrote in a probable cause statement released last week.
Claypool was arrested in 2000 and has been behind bars for more than 18 years in the fatal stabbing of a 72 -year-old man who won $1.7million in the lottery. "Amy Murray talks about wanting Joshua Murray to come home from Nebraska and she is exhausted of being around him". She is scheduled for a bond reduction hearing February 13.
Amy Murray was booked into the Miller County Adult Detention Center on $750,000 bond.
Officials determined that Amy poisoned Joshua with antifreeze and put him on the bed, according to KMIZ.
- Nissan cuts outlook and books Ghosn charges
- Texans to release veteran WR Demaryius Thomas
- All schools closed in Ottawa on Wednesday
- Toronto Maple Leafs linked with Hurricanes’ Micheal Ferland
- Another black panther spotted in Laikipia
- Ashleigh Barty dominates for Australia in Fed Cup win over United States
- Scott Morrison reopens Christmas Island detention centre
- India set to rotate World Cup certainties during Australia ODIs
- US Navy warships sail in South China Sea near contested manmade island
- Bezos probe concludes mistress’s brother leaked intimate text messages