Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admitted Manchester United were given a "reality check" as his unbeaten record as interim manager was ended by Paris St Germain.
Eric Bailly and Victor Lindelof both had a significant head-start on the World Cup winner as they sprinted back towards goal, but Mbappe outpaced both of them to tap home Di Maria's cross.
"He had three players around him all the time and he was still at the top, so that's a big blow because he has been fantastic for us". "But considering how many players we were missing and others not in great shape, it was great to win here in these circumstances".
'But mountains are there to be climbed.
"At this club you bounce back, you have to bounce back", he said.
The teams will face off March 6 in the second leg of their round-of-16 series.
McConnell: Yes, We'll Be Voting on the Green New Deal
Livestock will be banned. "American favorites like cheeseburgers and milkshake will become a thing of the past", said Sen. The ambitious proposal has been spearheaded by Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a Democrat from NY .
"We're happy, but it's only half-time in the tie and we need to continue preparing well, because I think in the last 20 minutes we dropped off a bit physically". "We had a lot of midfielders and not many forwards. Whoever feels sorry for themselves will not play probably against Chelsea". We have to bounce back, we're in a tournament and the Champions League is always going to be hard.
Solskjaer felt Kimpembe was "very lucky" to still be on the pitch after committing a series of fouls, and claimed that Pogba was harshly dismissed by Italian referee Daniele Orsato. The referee was badly placed and gave a yellow card to the Englishman.
'He's unlucky, ' added Solskjaer, who lost Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard to injury at the end of the first half.
"They had the momentum after the first goal and controlled the game", he told BT Sport.
Old Trafford instead became a stage for Kylian Mbappe to shine in tandem with Angel Di Maria, who relished the revenge mission on his return to his former club. When he plays he needs to find himself.
- US Navy warships sail in South China Sea near contested manmade island
- Seven mumps cases confirmed at Houston ICE detention facility
- Thousands evacuated after New Zealand wildfire
- Texans to release veteran WR Demaryius Thomas
- Woman throws chair from condo balcony onto Gardiner Expressway
- Anthem live action short film coming from director Neill Blomkamp
- Thunder complete largest comeback in team history to beat Rockets
- Scott Morrison reopens Christmas Island detention centre
- Refreshed Mitsubishi ASX revealed! SUV gains a new face…
- Remarkable Russell Westbrook sets NBA record with 10th-straight triple-double