'I want to say a really big thank you to my fans who've allowed me to be the best version of myself'.
Moments before her win, she also performed live with singer/songwriter St Vincent, swapping between her song Masseduction and the chart-topping One Kiss, also throwing in a few lines of Respect as a tribute to Aretha Franklin.
In 2018, Lipa founded and organized the Sunny Hill Festival, a three-day music event held in the Germia park close to Prishtina, hosting a mixture of celebrated local and global artists with Lipa as a headline act, as well as Martin Garrix and Action Bronson.
"So many women!" Lipa continued.
Customers unable to access accounts as Lloyds online banking suffer outage
The latest outage follows a string of high profile banking IT failures. Apologies are pretty useless to those trying to sort payments'.
The comment was seen as a jibe at Neil Portnow, the Grammys president, who drew criticism a year ago when he responded to comments about the lack of female winners by saying that women needed to "step up".
Dua Lipa was on FIRE last night at The Grammys.
Lipa then said backstage, according to People: "First of all, being in the New Artists category and having so many female artists nominated is a big change, and it's the change that we hope to see for many years to come". The awards for Record and Album of the Year have yet to be revealed.
Her friends and family cheered on the star as she shouted and danced upon hearing the impressive news. This has been changed to "Kosovo-British musician".
- Bill Cosby is having an 'amazing' time in prison
- NY murder: Venezuela man arrested after woman found in suitcase
- Chris Grayling incompetence over scrapped ferries contract is ‘off the scale’
- Allegiant Announces New Nonstop Flight From XNA To Nashville
- Joe Root's retort was natural, organic and rather wonderful
- OPEC cuts 2019 oil demand forecast on global slowdown
- An airline is suing a passenger that missed his flight
- Australia's refusal forced Pakistan to play ODIs in UAE
- Bebe Rexha Stuns In Monsoori Dress At 2019 Grammys: See The Look
- Gary Neville praises PSG performance and rates Man Utd's chance of progressing