Bebe Rexha brought a valentine vibe to the 2019 Grammy Awards red carpet. Now, if we're all looking at the same person, does she look too "big" to wear a designer brand? On the red carpet, however, Rexha wore a red tulle gown with a plunging neckline by Monsoori and looked so good in it.
"I was like, 'This is wonderful, '" she said, sharing the fact she hopes her experience inspires women to be proud of the way they look. The singer took to social media to address the styling controversy. "He won Vogue Arabia's No. 1 designer", Rexha gushed.
"I'm okay, I don't get angry at people", she said. "Joking with Variety, Rexha shared the perks of rocking a big dress: "[It's] puffy so I can eat whatever I want".
Dua Lipa very subtly calls out Grammy President in her acceptance speech
Her friends and family cheered on the star as she shouted and danced upon hearing the impressive news. The awards for Record and Album of the Year have yet to be revealed.
"They said I was too big or fat", she said. "I got Jeremy Scott, Moschini and Christian Siriano and Karl Lagerfeld hit me up and I was like, 'This is wonderful.'" Prior to the big night, Rexha told Variety at the Women in Harmony event that she had two dresses for the big occasion ready to go. "But don't say you can't dress someone that isn't a runway size", Rexha captioned the Instagram video in late January.
Fans and fellow celebrities applauded Bebe Rexha for calling out designers who made it seem as though women who are not a size 0 aren't considered lovely. "And a lot of times, artists will go and talk to designers and they'll make them custom dresses to walk the red carpet", the 29-year-old began.
Rexha told E! on the red carpet, "I just did the video because I was really heartbroken and it bummed me out..." However, a little after receiving her nominations, she we shocked to discover that many designers did not want to dress her. "I just want to wear people and work with people who love me for me".
- Skopje notifies United Nations of name change
- Frozen 2 trailer drops and things look unsafe for Elsa and Anna
- Lloris warns Spurs they must up their game against Dortmund
- Australia's refusal forced Pakistan to play ODIs in UAE
- Scientists Warn That Some Insects Could Be Extinct Within 100 Years
- OPEC cuts 2019 oil demand forecast on global slowdown
- Customers unable to access accounts as Lloyds online banking suffer outage
- Borussia Dortmund's flight to London delayed because Jadon Sancho forgot passport
- Allegiant Announces New Nonstop Flight From XNA To Nashville
- Game Of Thrones Cat Ser Pounce Has Been Brutally Killed Off