When Apple switched from Lightning to USB-C for the new iPad Pro, it seemed like the company was acknowledging that USB-C is the future of charging. In more disappointing news, the Cupertino-based iPhone maker will also continue to pack the same 5W charger and USB Type-A to Lightning cable in the box.
Apple reportedly dropping the restrictive Lightning cable on its 2019 range of smartphones came before the release of the iPhone XS series a year ago, with DigiTimes citing various "analog IC vendors" as its sources. That leaves the iPhone as the next in line for a USB-C makeover, but a new report suggests that such a change won't be coming anytime soon. According to Japanese site Mac Otakara, though, this will not be the case. If you want your iPhone to charge fast, you need to buy their official 12W charger.
Can Solskjaer inspire Manchester United to another Champions League comeback?
The manager said, "It looked like the game we thought it was going to be. If you tease him it doesn't make him weaker, of course'. That's a big blow because he's been fantastic for us".
Until then though, plugging the iPhone into one of Apple's more recently released USB-C MacBooks remains a frustrating experience that requires an additional USB-C-to-Lightning cable. Apple will introduce a new green option for the successor model of the iPhone XR and it will cancel one of the current colour options. iPhone XR is now available in black, white, yellow, coral, red, and blue. The 2019 iPhone series likely won't see the light of day until much later in the year, so we have a little wait on our hands in the meantime.
Apple has long had a love affair with its own proprietary connectors for its mobile devices, going back to the 30-pin Dock Connector of the iPod and early iPhone era, and then phasing that out in 2012 in favor of its own Lightning connector rather than adopting the micro USB standard of other phones. Would you prefer Apple to keep its Lightning cable or make the jump to USB-C?
- Police say detective killed by friendly fire
- Savage Released on Bond After ICE Arrest
- Donald Trump open to China trade deadline extension
- Rich the Kid and Usher involved in armed robbery at recording studio
- Another black panther spotted in Laikipia
- Taylor Swift & Joe Alwyn Hold Hands After BAFTAs 2019!
- Dog drama dominates Westminster with ineligibility, boos for top pooch
- Medivac bill passes in the House of Representatives and Senate
- US Navy warships sail in South China Sea near contested manmade island
- New York Gov. Cuomo to urge Trump to rethink tax changes