When Apple switched from Lightning to USB-C for the new iPad Pro, it seemed like the company was acknowledging that USB-C is the future of charging. In more disappointing news, the Cupertino-based iPhone maker will also continue to pack the same 5W charger and USB Type-A to Lightning cable in the box.
Apple reportedly dropping the restrictive Lightning cable on its 2019 range of smartphones came before the release of the iPhone XS series a year ago, with DigiTimes citing various "analog IC vendors" as its sources. That leaves the iPhone as the next in line for a USB-C makeover, but a new report suggests that such a change won't be coming anytime soon. According to Japanese site Mac Otakara, though, this will not be the case. If you want your iPhone to charge fast, you need to buy their official 12W charger.
Teenager with anti-vax mum gets vaccinated on his 18th birthday
In Washington, a self-described underage teen wrote in January that his or her mother would not allow vaccines. Lindenberger said he confronted his mother with the information, but she simply rebuffed him.
Until then though, plugging the iPhone into one of Apple's more recently released USB-C MacBooks remains a frustrating experience that requires an additional USB-C-to-Lightning cable. Apple will introduce a new green option for the successor model of the iPhone XR and it will cancel one of the current colour options. iPhone XR is now available in black, white, yellow, coral, red, and blue. The 2019 iPhone series likely won't see the light of day until much later in the year, so we have a little wait on our hands in the meantime.
Apple has long had a love affair with its own proprietary connectors for its mobile devices, going back to the 30-pin Dock Connector of the iPod and early iPhone era, and then phasing that out in 2012 in favor of its own Lightning connector rather than adopting the micro USB standard of other phones. Would you prefer Apple to keep its Lightning cable or make the jump to USB-C?
- Scott Morrison reopens Christmas Island detention centre
- Police say detective killed by friendly fire
- US Navy warships sail in South China Sea near contested manmade island
- Next OnePlus smartphone to bring 5G, optimisation for PUBG-like games
- Can Solskjaer inspire Manchester United to another Champions League comeback?
- Toronto Maple Leafs linked with Hurricanes’ Micheal Ferland
- Jennifer Lopez Passionately Rejects Grammy Motown Backlash
- New York Gov. Cuomo to urge Trump to rethink tax changes
- Woman throws chair from condo balcony onto Gardiner Expressway
- Texans to release veteran WR Demaryius Thomas