There was no specific funding announced for the initiative, the administration official said on a conference call, adding that it called for better reporting and tracking of spending on AI-related research and development.
The plan, called the American AI Initiative, is meant to enhance national and economic security and improve Americans' quality of life.
"This initiative will devote the full resources of the federal government to develop AI", a senior administration official told reporters Sunday, according to The Hill.
"We can not sit idly by and presume that our leadership is guaranteed", according to a statement released by White House on Monday.
Knicks delete Durant photo from ticket pitch on website
Barring he signs a new contract with the Mavs, Porzingis will be a restricted free agent at season's end. "I know how good I am". Kevin Durant dribbles against the Knicks' Damyean Dotson in an October game.
"[The The American AI Initiative]... will accelerate the ability of [NOAA] researchers to create AI that can assimilate the massive amounts of big data from our environmental satellites into our weather models to improve predictions of hurricanes and severe storms", it continues.
It also says federal agencies will establish guidance to ensure the new technologies are developed in a safe, trustworthy way.
MIT Technology Review reported that the "American AI Initiative" has five main goals: Redirect investments, develop AI research resources, create AI standards, prepare American workers for AI changes, and engage in worldwide AI efforts.
America is widely considered the world leader in artificial intelligence - however, many believe the Chinese government's vast access to data might give it an advantage in the coming years.
Vivek Wadhwa, distinguished fellow at Carnegie Mellon University, discusses how the expansion of artificial intelligence may affect USA employment.
- See Klobuchar launch 2020 presidential bid in most Minnesota way imaginable
- China Expresses ‘Strong Dissatisfaction’ After U.S. Warships Sail near Spratly Islands
- Thomas Markle reveals 'heartbroken' Meghan's five-page letter
- Rohani Blasts U.S. 'Conspiracy' As Iran Marks 40th Anniversary Of Revolution
- Born 'Fox & Friends' host Pete Hegseth: Germs 'not a real thing'
- Thunder release G Abrines, cite personal issue
- Phil Mickelson secures three-shot win in Monday finish at Pebble
- New Horizons beams back a new revelation about Ultima Thule
- Polar Bears Invade Russian Town: State of Emergency Declared
- Priyanka Gandhi makes political debut in Uttar Pradesh