A man who broke into an empty Texas home to smoke marijuana ended up coming face-to-face with a caged tiger. "So it was important that we get it out of that situation", Lara Cottingham, with the city of Houston, said.
The concerned smoker called cops when they stumbled across a overweight tiger in a cage in an unlocked garage.
They called police on Monday and the major offender animal cruelty unit and animal shelter volunteers arrived on the scene.
An anonymous tipster contacted the city's authorities to let them know about the unusual find and said that at first they believed they were hallucinating when they first saw the big cat.
The building, in the 9400 block of East Avenue J., was being used to house a large female tiger in a "rinky-dink" cage in the garage, KPRC-TV reported, citing police.
BARC Animal Shelter and Adoptions published an image of the tiger to Facebook on Monday.
She was friendly, police said, but she was tranquilised for safety reasons as they moved her from the home over to BARC's headquarters.
Morocco No Longer Part of Saudi-Led War on Yemen
Another Moroccan government official said the ambassador was recalled after a Saudi television report about the disputed Western Sahara .
"Finding a forever home for a tiger is not easy", she said.
Several packages of meat were found with the animal, KTRK reported.
Krahn says it is never a good idea to keep one as a pet. We questioned them as to whether they were under the effects of the drugs or they actually saw a tiger.
The Houston Zoo said it will not be able to take the tiger.
It's legal to own a tiger in Texas if the owner has a wild game permit.
"Fewer than 3,500 tigers of all tiger subspecies remain in the wild today, according to the Tiger Conservation Campaign", officials added.
- Activision Blizzard Expected To Announce Layoffs Tomorrow
- Kamala Harris Says Marijuana 'Brings People Joy'
- Paul Scholes appointed new Oldham Athletic manager
- Gordon Banks, England's 1966 World Cup-winning goalkeeper, dies aged 81
- Trump to sign artificial intelligence order to boost U.S. competitiveness
- Brexit: Theresa May responds to Jeremy Corbyn's letter
- S. Korea announces hike in payment for USA troops
- Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani out of Manchester United match
- #5 Kentucky Fends Off Pesky Bulldogs For Road Victory
- Naomi Osaka announces split with coach Sascha Bajin