Toronto will become Lin's eighth National Basketball Association franchise, after stints with Golden State, New York, Houston, the Los Angeles Lakers, Charlotte, Brooklyn and this season Atlanta.
Now an National Basketball Association veteran, the Asian-American first made headlines when he burst onto the scene in 2011-12 with the New York Knicks, inspiring a global craze known as 'Linsanity.' The craze was so significant that when he hit a game-winning shot against the Raptors in 2012, it drew a huge cheer - in Toronto.
Linsanity is coming to Canada.
Born 'Fox & Friends' host Pete Hegseth: Germs 'not a real thing'
If you're seeing a lot of tweets or headlines about hand-washing, the explanation lies with Fox News host Pete Hegseth. A Fox News spokeswoman told The Washington Post Hegseth was joking, of course, which he later said was "obvious".
The Hawks tried to deal Lin ahead of the February 3 trade deadline but could not find a match in part due to the 30-year-old's $12.5 million salary. He's an elite competitor.
Toronto will be his eighth employer in nine seasons in the league. Adding Lin doesn't necessarily qualify as an attack of the buyout market, but there haven't been many getting done to this point.
The Raptors entered Monday with a 41-16 record and second place in the Eastern Conference behind only NBA-leading Milwaukee.
Lin, 30, is averaging 10.7 points and 5.3 assists in just 19.7 minutes per game for the Hawks in his return to action after a season-ending injury past year.
- Brexit: Theresa May responds to Jeremy Corbyn's letter
- Law seals Vic Open win with stunning eagle on final hole
- China Expresses ‘Strong Dissatisfaction’ After U.S. Warships Sail near Spratly Islands
- Kyler Murray chooses the National Football League over baseball
- New Horizons beams back a new revelation about Ultima Thule
- Offset Releases Footage of Cardi B Giving Birth in New Album Trailer
- Aaron Ramsey transfer: Juventus announce four-year contract with Arsenal midfielder
- Paul Scholes appointed new Oldham Athletic manager
- Thomas Markle reveals personal letter Meghan allegedly wrote him
- No white flag for Day at wet Pebble Beach