Chelsea's 6-0 defeat at Manchester City at the weekend left Derby County coach Frank Lampard shocked but the former midfield great has distanced himself from talks of returning to Stamford Bridge as a possible replacement for manager Maurizio Sarri.
The loss to Manchester City, in particular, was quite damning, with the league leaders handing a 6-0 trouncing to Chelsea at the Etihad.
Sarri conducted training with his assistant manager Gianfranco Zola, a Chelsea icon, on Monday and meaning Zola is well placed to lead the club until the end of the season should the club's results continue to decline.
"With my Chelsea hat on, you have a feeling for it and it's not nice", the former England worldwide told the media on Monday.
Fire in Delhi hotel kills 17, raises questions of safety
Unconfirmed reports say the death toll is likely to rise as numerous injured jumped from the burning building to the ground. Last week, a fire broke out in a hospital in Noida, forcing an emergency evacuation of scores of patients and other people.
The Blues dropped down to fifth place in the Premier League table after Manchester United were 3-0 winners against Fulham at Craven Cottage on Saturday.
He said: "Bookmakers are not always right for starters! It is what makes top teams, resilience, and Chelsea as a club will have it". "It's only halfway through Sarri's first season but the worst thing I can say is it looks like he has turned Chelsea into Arsenal".
A lack of rotation has become glaringly obvious under the 60-year-old, meaning several players who are used to getting game time have been marginalised, while Callum Hudson-Odoi's lack of minutes was a significant factor behind his desire to join Bayern Munich in January.
"What Man City do - blowing teams away, scoring so early, the football that they play - you could argue that is the best football to watch", Carragher said.
- Trump to sign artificial intelligence order to boost U.S. competitiveness
- Hundreds Join Antivax Rally In Washington Following Measles Outbreak
- Chimps use branch to make ladder, escape Belfast Zoo
- No deterioration in NZ-China relationship - Ardern
- Gordon Banks, England's 1966 World Cup-winning goalkeeper, dies aged 81
- Jeremy Lin poised to sign with Toronto following buyout with Atlanta
- Nicki Minaj Throws Down the Gauntlet Against BET, Won’t Perform at Awards
- Denver teachers go on strike after failing to reach pay deal
- #5 Kentucky Fends Off Pesky Bulldogs For Road Victory
- Five people found shot dead in East Texas home